Johnson & Johnson
BE - Associate Scientist Lung Cancer Initiative
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
The Johnson & Johnson Lung Cancer Initiative (LCI) is recruiting for a temporary Associate Scientist within the Discovery Biology team (Pharmaceutical Sciences). The successful candidate will join a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of scientists in exploratory immuno-oncology, playing a key role in the evaluation and understanding of new drug concepts in vitro and in vivo.
The candidate will be responsible for the execution of lab based immunological experiments to support the validation of targets. Next to excellent technical skills, applicants will possess communication and organizational skills, critical problem-solving abilities.
- Perform standard cell culture with cell lines and primary human cells, including isolation of different immune cells murine and human.
- Development of cell-based assays to explore the impact of pharmacological intervention on the functionality of immune and cancer cells.
- Run assays to identify and characterize hit and lead molecules (ELISA, MSD, luminex, RT-PCR, flow cytometry, etc…).
- Analyze and summarize data to discuss with scientists and present experimental results at project team meetings.
- Preparing technical reports
- Master in biomedical sciences, biotechnology, biology or genetic engineering.
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture is essential.
- FELASA B certificate is a plus.
- Experience with mouse tumor model and in vivo and ex vivo analysis would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of molecular techniques (transfection, transduction, immunoprecipitation) is a plus.
- Experience in performing plate based read outs (ELISA, luciferase etc) is a plus.
- Experience with multicolor FACS analysis would be beneficial.
- Experience in working with therapeutics and/or in immunology research is a plus.
- Excellent organization and planning skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to details.
- Strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic.
- Able to master new concepts and techniques quickly.
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent team spirit and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible working hours.
- You will work on-site in Beerse.
- This is a long term contracting position, with the possibility of an extension after the end date. You will receive a contract via our partner Randstad Professionals. They can offer you a contract of indefinite duration or a project contract for the duration of the assignment at J&J.