Johnson & Johnson
BE - Junior Finance Analyst - Treasury Risk Control and Compliance
Are you curious, interested in financial markets, result-driven, enjoy problem solving, and love working with people from all over the world, then treasury can be the ideal opportunity for your career. In addition, it is also important that you can win trust, are ethical in your approach and act with integrity, when making business decisions.
Your new company Johnson & Johnson, one of the world's largest, most innovative healthcare companies, has a strong presence of its treasury finance organisation based in Belgium (Beerse, near Antwerp). Johnson & Johnson's products span a variety of sectors, including Pharmaceutical (Janssen), Consumer Goods and Medical Devices. Working for Treasury gives you the unique opportunity to gain insight into both the corporate and the banking environment. Johnson & Johnson is a global company in which you will work with people from all over the world on a daily basis, which will give you the opportunity to expand your global mindset. This open culture will provide a steep but challenging learning curve for an enthusiastic new joiner.
The 3 Pilars of Treasury Risk Control and Compliance:
- Review user management: Control and set up user access for treasury related systems.
- Bank statements: Monitoring all bank statements from all J&J entities worldwide. Following up the process, handling errors, managing ERP systems and shared service centers.
- Controlling and authorizing of financial transactions for ‘front-office’: Reviewing and approving transactions before they go to the bank.
Your new team:
The Risk, Control and Compliance Group is a key player and shares responsibilities in the operational excellence of Treasury.
It is related to all treasury processes and projects, including:
- Controlling, authorising, and settling financial transactions
- Maintaining the user access to all Treasury applications
- Business partnering across the international treasury organisation
- Identifying continuous improvements and challenging the status quo
- Supporting global cash visibility for all affiliates in the different regions (EMEA, ASPAC, US, LATAM)
- Financial reporting, by collecting and validating data from other teams and regions
You will be business partnering with multiple stakeholders on a daily basis, including:
- External banks
- J&J affiliates worldwide
- External and internal audit
- Currency exposure, investments, accounting and cash management teams
You will provide process and system expertise, with relation to the execution of complex transactions/settlements worldwide (i.e. acquisitions).
What do you need to succeed:
- You hold a Master's degree in Economics (Master of Applied Economics, Commercial Engineer, ...) or equivalent.
- You are a team player and have a global mindset.
- You are accurate and have strong analytical skills.
- You are flexible, eager to learn, highly motivated, hands on and stress resistant.
- You are passionate about taking ownership and about moving on issues and questions towards resolution.
- You can express yourself fluently in English.
- We are open for international profiles as we are working in a diverse environment connecting with people all over the world.
- Flexible working hours.
- Currently you will work remotely because of COVID-19.
- After COVID-19 you are expected to come on-site.
- This is a contracting position, with the possibility of an extension after the end date. You wil receive a contract via our partner Ausy. Ausy can offer you a contract of indefinite duration or a project contract for the duration of the assignment at J&J.