Johnson & Johnson
BE - Medical Event Project Lead (EMEA)
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
For our EMEA Medical Operations team, I'm currently recruiting a Medical Event Project lead for the hematology therapeutic area.
- 30% travel in the EU. (2 days per month)
- +3 years experience with Pharma/Healthcare events is required.
- For this position you do not need to be located in Belgium!
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To work strategically with the therapy area in the coordination and implementation of medical education events and materials, including development and execution of digital programmes, in line with EFPIA code.
- Help disseminate medical education materials to OpCos where appropriate.
- Responsible for the medical education project coordination of large/complex HCC sensitive cross border medical events (standalone, congresses, ...).
- Manage the set up and operational execution of HCC sensitive cross-border events, according to MESRL?s expectations and interacting with other med comms. Digital or logistics agency, including overall event budget management responsibilities.
- Together with the event owner also manage customer interaction with HCPs/HCOs/Scientific Societies organizing congresses and third scientific party events.
Medical Event preparation:
- Work with the event owner on yearly plans of events and programs.
- Coordinate the preparation of Medical HCC sensitive Events with the EMEA MAF team(s) event owner (MESRL for ME activities, or EMPL, EMAD, EMAs, for other MAF events).
- Responsible for set up of preparation meetings with the Event owner and internal/external stakeholders/agencies.
- Proactively reach out to the event owner in a continuous way and escalate issues if needed.
Event Project Management:
- Responsible for preparation, conduction and closure and reconciliation of large/complex HCC sensitive cross border medical events (standalone, congresses, ...).
- Together with event owner, select & contract medical communication, production (including digital production) and logistics agencies for each event.
- Together with the event owner, manage HCP communications and relationships.
- Coordinate, align and act as primary contact point with all external agencies (MedCom, Logistics, production).
- Closely work with the EMEA Event Support (P2P) team to follow contract, payment processes and event post filling reconciliation.
- Align with OpCo colleagues on dissemination of materials and the localisation of regional (parent/child) events and handle logistic updates and communication with OpCos on an event basis.
- Ensure effective onsite delivery.
- Coordinate event wrap-up and evaluation including feedback forms.
- Management all HCBI aspects related to event project management: iCONNECT submission, exception or incident, post event filing and archiving, Transfer of Value (ToV)
Budget management tasks:
- Follow-up with involved agencies their budget estimates and work orders/contract.
- Request PO numbers and work closely with the EMOS and EMEA Event Support Team (P2P).
- Follow up on invoices and reconciliations, support the budget owner with reconciliation review of events (review agency budget proposals according to job description and rating cards).
- Responsible for budget planning, tracking and reporting of large events together with the event owner and EMOS.
- Provide EMOS with all required information for the MAF budget consolidation.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with regulatory guidelines, HCBI and company policy and for medical education projects follow the ME Excellence guidelines.
- Maintain open communication and cooperation with other individuals in EMEA Medical Affairs Team to ensure knowledge exchange and sharing of good practice.
- Degree in life science.
- Familiarity with EFPIA and/or local code in country where based.
- Fluency in English language required.
- Fluency in additional EMEA languages is an advantage.
- This position requires very frequent travel within Europe and other regions (30% to 50% during congress busy periods).
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills, time-management skills and communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven skills at developing and managing varied relationships within and outside the company.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues that arise during execution of tasks.
- Very organized and process oriented.
- Awareness of, and advanced training in, Healthcare Compliance Business Integrity (HCBI).
- Knowledge of event creation and management in iConnect.
- +3 years experience with Pharma/Healthcare events.
- Experienced in working in a complex matrix / virtual environment
- Flexible working hours.
- Currently you will work remotely because of COVID-19.
- This is a contracting position, with the possibility of an extension after the end date. You will receive a contract via a Randstad Entity in your country. We can offer you a a freelance contract for the duration of the assignment at J&J.