Johnson & Johnson
Graduate Engineer (Manufacturing / Mechanical)
Location: Johnson & Johnson in Limerick
ASAP start - 12 month contract
Hourly Pay Rates: €16 - €18
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
Being part of the Engineering team your focus is to provide engineering support within a high volume, fully automated manufacturing environment.-
Main areas of responsibility:
- This role is responsible for the deployment of technical solutions and development of site capability to coordinate and leverage talent and best practices in engineering & technology. The engineer will be responsible for and involved in the design, installation and improvement of the lens production processes and equipment.
- Edits and publishes troubleshooting documentation and training materials for materials, and equipment.
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving and brings innovative solutions to equipment.
- Works closely with other engineering disciplines in the development and application of troubleshooting methods to equipment and processes.
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the departments’ continuous improvement program.
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practising good team work in support of day to day operating requirements.
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the group.
- Ensure effective closure on Quality System documents (Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s, Maps, etc.).
- Implementation of safety/environmental requirements on purchase and changes of all new and existing equipment.
- Work with team leaders to develop and implement strategic engineering goals & objectives.
- Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives.
- All employees are responsible for minimising both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
Education and Experience Required
- Hold a relevant degree or equivalent qualification in production, manufacturing or mechanical engineering.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Be able to demonstrate good project management and communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- The ability to apply a scientific approach to problem solving, blending analytical and experimental skills to maximise productivity and yields is an essential requirement
- Familiarity with equipment validation in an FDA environment
- Experience in a relevant engineering role
- Have statistical process control and capability analysis using ANOVA and DOE techniques
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in Ireland are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”.