Johnson & Johnson
Material Requirements Planner
Material Requirements Planner
Leiden, 1-year contract, Hybrid way of working
Be part of Global Planning, Large Molecule API platform, an award-winning Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain team. The Global Material Requirements Planning team is responsible for the replenishment of raw materials for our production of biopharmaceutical products for our patients.
We are currently recruiting a Materials Requirements Planner who will be responsible for
coordinating and executing all activities related to the planning and procurement of raw materials and components & communicating the plan to the different suppliers within the agreed lead times. You will be an integral part of a team that optimizes the planning process.
You as a Material Requirements Planner will be responsible for:
- Execute the development, maintenance, communication, and publication of the Materials Requirements Plans (MRP) to ensure that patient/customer requirements are met.
- Maintain Raw Materials and Components inventories within our goal, while minimizing excess, obsolete, and expired materials.
- Contribute to the global balancing of Materials and Components within Global Planning, ensuring efficient and effective procurement & inventory practices and optimizing the balance between quality, service, reliability, and cost.
- Ensure that all material delivery schedules are communicated to the suppliers on time in order to meet plan requirements.
- Partner with Global Procurement to drive Supplier performance improvement including quality and timely delivery in line with MPS.
- Tracks and reports site/platform level supplier service performance, communicating the information to the relevant parties.
- Collaborate with Quality and Warehouse staff regarding rejected / defective materials, making the physical arrangements with the supplier to ensure a timely return of goods or disposal.
- Focuses and encourages continuous improvements (CI) of the process supported
- Supports material and component Phase in and Phase Out processes.
You as a Material Requirements Planner have:
- Up to 5 years of relevant Supply Chain Management experience is required.
- Experience in Planning/Purchasing in a multinational environment.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical and/or Biopharmaceutical industry is preferable.
- Experience in the use of SAP is preferred.
- A Master's degree in Supply Chain Management or other related Business discipline is essential.
- Supply Chain Certification is preferred e.g. APICS.
- Lean Certification is desirable.
You will be successful in this role when you are:
- Demonstrating the drive, eagerness, and capabilities to be successful in this role with a view to developing and progressing to the leadership level within Johnson & Johnson.
- Developing efficient and effective Material planning supply chain management processes and systems.
- Contributing to the innovation and continuous improvement within Janssen.
- Ensuring department and personnel goals and objectives are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensuring a high level of integrity and implementation of Credo-based actions.
- Customer-focused and you are ensuring that customer requirements are clearly planned for and communicated within the organization.
- Results-driven, while ensuring the optimization and efficient use of Janssen resources.
- Collaborative and cross-functional with all other departments within the company and to align across JSC and other J&J organizations.
If you meet our requirements and are interested in hearing more about our Material Requirements Planner, please do not hesitate to apply through the provided link today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!