Johnson & Johnson
Strategic Sourcing Manager
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
I am currently recruiting for a Strategic Sourcing Manager to join the Strategic Sourcing team in Surgical Vision, part of the Johnson & Johnson group, based in Limerick. As Strategic Sourcing Manager, you will be supporting a large global project in California. I am looking for a self-starter with 5+ years’ experience in a similar role, who is looking for a new and exciting challenge. This is initially a 12 month contract.
Reporting directly to the Strategic Sourcing Director or other Manager as directed from time to time, you will drive procurement activities around supplier relationship management best practices (SRM), sourcing processes and delivery of results to meet & exceed the Surgical Vision Franchise procurement objectives.
You will execute on strategy and provide overall co-ordination, facilitation and enablement of programs that will drive best practice.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- The key responsibilities are focused on Quality & Risk management, Cost, Supplier Service & Reliability, for Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision.
- The role will be accountable for Supplier Management for a defined scope of spend responsibility
Main areas of responsibility
- Perform the role of Supplier Relationship Manager at an executive level for designated suppliers
- Partner with category management and Advance Sourcing (New Product Introduction) to ensure alignment and meet procurement goals across Quality, Service and Cost.
- Be an excellent business partner to a number of functions across the business, in particular supplier quality, manufacturing and planning teams both internally and in our Third Party Manufacturers
- Develop the Surgical Vision Sourcing Strategic direction for assigned categories of spend and work with fellow team members to ensure alignment and execution to that strategic direction.
- Partner with Supplier Quality to ensure alignment on supplier management and escalation processes.
- Upgrade supplier skills (transparent cost management, lean practices, emerging technologies, etc.)
- Develop an expertise in the business needs and capabilities. Keep up with supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practice sourcing.
- Analyze overall system capabilities and develop and execute improvements in support of the end to end supply chain, to achieve lowest total cost of ownership.
- Provide regular reporting on Supplier Performance, and lead activities to achieve goals.
- Manage a small team of Associates to support sourcing objectives and contribute to their continuous development.
- Assist in reporting on performance, recommending advancements, implementing new or changed procedures.
- Generally recognized as Group Leader or Assistant Supervisor.
Main areas of responsibility in addition to items listed above
- Development of Budgets and standard costs to support Annual Business needs
- This is not an exhaustive list and other duties may be assigned, aligned to the needs of the Supply Chain Organization in Limerick.
- Minimum education required for competent performance:
- BS Degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, Operations Management or related field.
- MBA or Masters preferred.
- CPIM (Certified in Production & Inventory Management) a bonus.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a procurement role managing Strategic Supplier Relationships preferred.
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills - Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Strong Credo values
- Creative & decisive problem solving skills
- Proven ability to influence/collaborate to get to desired result
- Change leadership expertise
- Customer focus (internal & external)
- Adaptable to meet rapidly changing priorities
- Exercise a high degree of business judgment and sound reasoning.
If you are interested in hearing more about this position, apply today via the link provided.