Johnson & Johnson
Strategic Sourcing Manager
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
We are currently recruiting a Strategic Sourcing Manager to join our contingent workforce on a growing team in Surgical Vision in Limerick for an initial 12 month contract.
Reporting directly to the Strategic Sourcing Director or other Manager as directed from time to time– the incumbent will drive NPI procurement activities around supplier relationship management best practices (SRM), sourcing processes and delivery of results to meet & exceed the Surgical Vision Franchise procurement objectives. The incumbent will execute on strategy and provide overall co-ordination, facilitation and enablement of programs that will drive best practice.
The key responsibilities are focused on Quality & Risk management, Cost, Supplier Service & Reliability, for Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision with a particular focus on NPI supply chain development and management. The role will be accountable for Supplier Management for a defined scope of spend responsibility
- Perform the role of Supplier Relationship Manager at an executive level for designated suppliers
- Partner with category management and Advance Sourcing (New Product Introduction) to ensure alignment and meet procurement goals across Quality, Service and Cost.
- Be an excellent business partner to a number of functions across the business, in particular supplier quality, manufacturing and planning teams both internally and in our Third-Party Manufacturers
- Develop the Surgical Vision Sourcing Strategic direction for assigned categories of spend and work with fellow team members to ensure alignment and execution to that strategic direction.
- Partner with Supplier Quality to ensure alignment on supplier management and escalation processes.
- Upgrade supplier skills (transparent cost management, lean practices, emerging technologies, etc.)
- Develop an expertise in the business needs and capabilities. Keep up with supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practice sourcing.
- Analyze overall system capabilities and develop and execute improvements in support of the end to end supply chain, to achieve lowest total cost of ownership.
- Provide regular reporting on Supplier Performance, and lead activities to achieve goals.
- Manage a small team of Associates to support sourcing objectives and contribute to their continuous development.
- Assist in reporting on performance, recommending advancements, implementing new or changed procedures. Generally recognized as Group Leader or Assistant Supervisor.
- Level 8 Degree in Business or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- APICS (American Production & Inventory Control Society) or CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) certification a plus.
- Medical device / Pharmaceutical experience is desirable but not essential.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a procurement role managing Strategic Supplier Relationships preferred.
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills - Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
If you meet our requirements and are interested in hearing more about our Strategic Sourcing Manager, please do not hesitate to apply through the provided link today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!