Johnson & Johnson
Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
We are currently recruiting a Strategic Sourcing Specialist to join our contingent workforce on a growing team in Surgical Vision in Limerick for an initial 12 month contract.
Reporting to the Strategic Sourcing Manager – the successful candidate will support NPI procurement activities around contemporary best practices, sourcing processes and delivery of results to meet & exceed the J&J Surgical Vision Sourcing Objectives. The successful Candidate will execute on strategy and provide overall coordination, facilitation and enablement of programs that will drive best practice and leverage across J&J Vision & the wider J&J organization.
The Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for preparing requisite materials to support engagements with Suppliers, including; activities to identify and assess suppliers per category strategies, monitoring and reporting on supplier performance and developing reports to assist in Supplier Management. In addition, the Sourcing Specialist will help develop supplier’s capabilities and oversee the commercial relationship with a particular focus on NPI projects. They will partner with suppliers in managing KPI’s relating to quality, service/reliability and total cost.
- Prepare and analyses data for the preparation of engagements with Suppliers.
- Develop a partnership with R&D to ensure that NPI project needs are met with new suppliers
- Perform the role of Supplier Relationship Manager across selected suppliers.
- Ensure engagements with Suppliers are aligned to our Credo values.
- Establish close working relationships with other functions, in particular R&D, supplier quality, engineering and operations to drive improved Supplier performance.
- Establish proactive communication to the Planning Organization, manage supplier partnerships & contribute positively to the efficiency of Supply Chain
- Ensure alignment to the strategic direction provided by the source leadership team
- Ensure Supplier Performance is adhered to against set Goals.
- Partner with Supplier Quality to ensure alignment on supplier management processes
- Champion annual productivity improvements by leading internal & joint supplier teams pursuing cost reduction opportunities in alignment with sourcing strategy.
- Upgrade supplier skills (transparent cost management, lean practises, emerging technologies, etc.)
- Chair and minute business / scorecard reviews.
- Assist in managing supplier capabilities including but not limited to capacity planning, tooling and resource investments including inventory management
- Develop an expertise in the business needs and capabilities for major spend categories or key business processes. Keep up with supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practice sourcing
- Analyze overall system capabilities in support of the supply chain
- Ensure training and compliance to relevant company procedures
- Level 8 Degree in Business or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- APICS (American Production & Inventory Control Society) or CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) certification a plus.
- Medical device / Pharmaceutical experience is desirable but not essential.
- 2+ Years experience in Supply Chain
- First class communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel is essential.
If you meet our requirements and are interested in hearing more about our Strategic Sourcing Specialist, please do not hesitate to apply through the provided link today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!