Johnson & Johnson
Leiden, Netherlands, 40h, on-site
Janssen Vaccines is committed to developing first-in-class or best-in-class vaccines for some of the world’s most life-threatening infectious diseases such as Ebola, HIV, and most recently COVID-19.
We have built a dedicated, outstanding, multi-functional team across a variety of subject areas to develop a promising vaccine pipeline. In Leiden, we have a workforce of 700 scientists and support staff, 45% of our employees has a nationality other than Dutch with over 20 nationalities represented.
In the Quality Control Development (QCD) team, we are responsible for the coordination, execution, and reporting of all GMP QC testing related to our products in development and we welcome talented, enthusiastic professionals with the ambition to develop themselves.
We are looking for an Assistant Scientist who enjoys working in a multidisciplinary & dynamic environment to reinforce our Material and Sample Management team. In this position, you will report to the Supervisor of the Sample Management Team.
Your main tasks & responsibilities will be:
- Sample receipt, storage, and forwarding according to cGMP
- Preparation of shipping documentation
- Maintain up-to-date lab planning & inventory of materials and samples
- Process and review incoming Certificates in the appropriate systems (e.g. LIMS)
- Receipt and record inspection and test results and Review of work performed by colleagues
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- MLO-4 or HLO, affinity with medical products, and experience with quality and laboratory systems such as cGMP, BSI, and LIMS are strong advantages.
- Detailed personality, careful with strong interpersonal skills who show flexibility
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry is required
- Logistical and Sample Management experience is a pre
- Experience working in a Quality driven environment, GMP is a strong plus
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English. Dutch is considered a strong plus
Is this you? If you are interested in hearing more about our Assistant Scientist role, please apply directly through the provided link today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in the Netherlands are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feel that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!