Johnson & Johnson
BE - EHSS Management Systems Specialist
EHS&S Management Systems Specialist
This function is supporting the Campus EHS&S Management Systems for J&J campus Beerse and Geel. This person will support the EHS&S expert team of EHS&S Systems.
1. Legal compliance management
a. Screening of new incoming EHS legislation for campus BE
b. If needed, summarizing the major changes in legislation for subject matter experts
c. Creating actions for subject matter experts to determine conformity and to assign actions
2. EHSS data reporting and quality control
a. Monthly report ? safety comitee presentations on incidents and good saves
b. Quality control of CURVE records (events, CAPA)
c. Screening of data from workplace accidents insurance
d. Collecting data of work hours (J&J employees, contractors, temporary workers)
e. Contact with stakeholders to verify and correct data, if needed
3. Support and maintenance of CURVE modules (event management, CAPA, inspections)
a. Discussing issues from the business and escalating, if needed
b. General support of users and site admins for CURVE modules
c. Training in CURVE modules and updating training material with latest software updates
4. Risk management
a. Assisting the business in case of questions on the JSA tool
5. Dashboards and Tableau support
a. Provide input for JJPS KPI review of EHSS department (events, CAPA, inspections, site tours)
b. General support of users and site admins for Tableau
6. Field work
a. Perform site tours (process confirmations of work permits, covid-19 checks, internal prevention audits)
b. Formulate good saves, incidents, SIF-p
c. Assign CAPA
d. Giving training on risk inventory and evaluation, job safety analysis, CURVE modules
7. Document control
a. Revision of procedures
1. General view/big picture: in the function of EHS management systems it is important to have a general overview of all EHS processes and structures (local and global) and to have a good knowledge of the business structure (local and global).
2. Empathic & critical mindset: ability to help people to develop processes about their EHS discipline & asking critical questions to be sure the process will work once in implementation phase.
3. Problem solving: ability to solve complex problems and provide knowledge. This level demands subject matter expertise, innovation, lean thinking, business acumen, experience and maturity.
4. Intellectual curiosity: needed to better understand the business and how the team can support their needs and objectives.
5. Collaborating and Teaming: able to establish robust relationship building, partnering in a matrix organization.
6. Sense of urgency: ability to quickly assimilate changes, perform risk assessment and develop action plans.
7. Self awareness and adaptability: capable of meeting multiple and diverse business demands.
8. Strong decision making, problem solving skills: See next section.
DECISION-MAKING AND PROBLEM-SOLVING:
1. Problem solving of all EHS management systems issues. These can vary substantial due to the complex organization. Problems can be complex, unusual and with a high sense of urgency. Decisions need to be aligned with internal business perspectives, Credo values, policies and regulations.
2. Balancing the activities in such a way that business support & personal talent /people development are both being served for the team members.
3. Ability to participate in multi-disciplinary teams, which may include EHS professionals, project and process engineers, quality professionals and operations managers.
1. Innovation & Creativity is a key requirement in this function to be able to continuously improve our EHS management system and related programs, procedures and tools to serve in a lean and smart way our different customers within Belgium.
2. Need to be able to adapt our EHS management system due to new business units that will be supported by our EHS department. Adapt our EHS management system in a way all supported businesses/customers within Belgium are included in our EHS management system (goals and objectives process, procedures, audits, IT systems, ?).
3. Need to be able to adapt programs due to new legal or internal requirements in a smart and lean way.
4. Benchmark & roll out existing good ideas from others in a manner that fits with our local culture and approach and with the Global strategy.
KNOWLEDGE SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Licensed Safety Professional, level 1 (Belgian Safety Certification level 1, required for higher risk sites in Belgium)
- Licensed Environmental Coordinator, level B
THE KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Education and Experience :
- You have an advanced degree in sciences, engineering or related field
- You have a broad technical expertise in the different fields of EHS&S
- You have a strong interest in understanding the WW EHS&S regulatory environment and emerging issues
- You have at least 5 years of related experience in an industrial (preferably pharmaceutical) environment
- You are experienced in risk management
- You are experienced in data analysis and management
- You are skilled in computer and software packages and are quick in finding your way in new software
- You have a proven track record of delivering considerable accomplishments upon expectations
- You have excellent problem-solving skills and the necessary capabilities to understand and find solutions for complex technical/regulatory issues
- You have a history and reputation as a strong collaborator with strong administrative skills
Personal effectiveness Skills:
- Result oriented
- Problem solving
- Customer minded
- Process oriented
- Result driven
- Organizational awareness
- Motivating - Teambuilding and player
- Strategic thinking and acting
- Broad business acumen