Johnson & Johnson
BE - Junior Associate Scientist (Immunosciences Team)
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
The World Without Disease Accelerator (WWDA) Immunosciences Team is recruiting an Associate Scientist located in Beerse, Belgium.
We are looking for a highly motivated Associated Scientist to perform cellular and molecular immunology assays supporting our inflammasome-oriented drug discovery work and our single-cell immune profiling in colorectal cancer. This position requires expertise in multiple immunological techniques (including FACS, ELISA, MSD and/or Luminex). He/she should also have extensive experience with sterile human and murine cell culture and manipulation. The Associate Scientist will be responsible for independent execution and analysis of results.
- Analysis of cells/tissue/blood/plasma/serum/supernatant using flow cytometry, ELISA/MSD/Luminex, cell death imaging (IncuCyte), co-culture functional assays, …
- Extensive experience in human or murine cell culture work.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and/or Dutch.
- Managing and planning of multiple experiments.
- Collaborate with scientists in multiple disciplines.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, FACS analysis software, statistical and graphical analysis software.
- A bachelor’s or master's degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biomedical Sciences, Laboratory Sciences, or related disciplines.
- Preferably experience with cellular (and molecular biology) techniques to analyze immune cells such as: Immune cell isolation, primary immune cell and cell line culture, in vitro stimulation and cellular assays.
- FACS experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, experimental documentation, and a proven ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, highly matrixed, interactive environment is essential.
- Strong communication and reporting skills.
- Flexible working hours.
- You will work on-site in Beerse.
- This is a long term contracting position, with the possibility of an extension after the end date. You will receive a contract via our partner Randstad Professionals. They can offer you a contract of indefinite duration, a project contract for the duration of the assignment at J&J or a freelance contract.