Johnson & Johnson
Business Analyst - Cork
We are currently recruiting a Data Analyst to join our contingent workforce on a growing team at Depuy Synthes, Ringaskiddy This will be an initial 12 month contract.
About Depuy Synthes:
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative, and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services, and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
About the role:
The Data Analyst is responsible for the expansion of analytics reporting platforms and driving capability improvements to turn data into impactful business insights for DePuy Synthes and Medical Devices (MD). This role will support the planning, scoping, development and implementation of data and analytics capabilities to support for DePuy, and MD. He / She will support in delivering the identified specific analytical capabilities with the support from the one MD and other internal/ external partners.
This role will support in driving operational efficiencies and help in initiating data transformational projects when needed with the support from the leadership. He / she will support the organization through these changes while ensuring effective execution of the processes.
- Drive analytical capability development and subsequently converge onto the future state tech stack.
- Develop Project plans, support the project management for the analytics capability development on the Discovery platform.
- Collaborate with analytics and platform teams to support platform roadmap & strategy for DePuy Synthes and MD
- Help in identifying the right partners, process and technology capabilities that are needed to drive increased data and analytics maturity.
- Connect & influence supply chain & analytical stakeholders to drive the integration of data analytics into the End-to-End Supply Chain Processes.
- Data exploration for new capabilities, knowledge of data sources (ERPs, PLAN systems etc.), functional interpretation, knowledge of Data Engineering - the design, development, validation, scaling and delivery of analytical solutions
- Help the organization in assessing opportunities to drive operational efficiencies in data and analytics (consolidation of platforms, adopting new technologies)
- Support in development of specific analytics solutions for deployment by global process leaders and other partners.
- Support in driving benchmarking, evaluation, and implementation of best practices to business reporting / analytics capabilities.
- Support the deployment, delivery and expansion of data pipelines. Support streamlining, standardizing and harmonization of the current processes, reports and platforms.
- 3+ years experience in a business analyst role.
- Level 8 degree in a Business/ IT related field.
- Experience with data (acquisition) platforms, Data & analytics and visualization platform delivery (SQL, Azure, Tableau, Qlik, R, Phyton, Java etc.) is an advantage
- Experience in data modelling and transformation of large-scale data sources using Hadoop, Spark, Hive or other Big Data technologies is an advantage
- Knowledge in Supply Chain KPI reporting and SC metrics preferred.
- Experience with Planning Systems (e.g. SAP APO, OMP+) and/or ERP (JDE, SAP ECC) is preferred
- Experience with global and virtual teams is highly preferred
- Experience working in the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Consumer Products industry preferred.
- Project and Program management experience preferred.
If you meet our requirements and are interested in hearing more about our Business analyst role, please do not hesitate to apply through the provided link today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!