Johnson & Johnson
Business Compliance Associate
Role Title: Business Compliance Associate
Work Type: Remote working
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 12 months
Weekly Hours: 20
Hourly Pay Rate: £13 - £15.25 PAYE
This role is inside IR35
Johnson & Johnson Medical Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopaedics, neurological disease, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
This commitment to excellence is evident throughout Johnson & Johnson and in Medical Devices, where our team is on a mission to reach more patients and restore more lives through faster, smarter innovation, a relentless customer focus and a culture of agility. – Alex Gorsky, Johnson & Johnson Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
The integral area of serving the needs of the business by maintaining an effective and transparent compliance program is a varied, client facing role which includes taking responsibility and ownership of business activity.
We are recruiting for a Business Compliance Associate for our Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices business based in EMEA.
This role is to be the primary business contact for the Regional Office Health Care Compliance (HCC) program ensuring activities operate within the compliance system by providing guidance, solutions and approvals on the Fair Market Value and Transfer of Value to Health Care Professionals (HCPs) and to manage, where required, the contracting process for Health Care Professionals (HCPs) / Government Officials (GOs) engaged in Regional Office EMEA activities
- Provide guidance, solutions and approvals for EMEA activities in accordance with the HCC program;
- Process, review and validate business requests for approval;
- Report and escalate to management as needed;
- Deliver ad hoc training on HCC Life to all staff where required;
- Ensure all activities undertaken by the business have all the required documents and approvals in place before events take place;
- Support testing, monitoring and auditing of the HCC program as needed and implement corrective actions as required.
Contract Management / Payments:
- Provide guidance, solutions and approvals for Regional Office contracts;
- Ascertain full justification and alignment with business strategy for contracts;
- Draft commercial contracts using a legal approved template;
- Liaise confidently and transparently with HCPs on all contractual and payment matters;
- Ensure that appropriate Evidence of Service documentation is obtained for HCP payments.
- Ensure full knowledge of the franchise needs;
- Maintain all necessary documentation relating to all stages of the process (auditable);
- Act as the key point of contact for all stakeholders in relation to all event compliance, HCP contractual and payment matters;
- Deal with any complex issues that arise, liaising with Business Compliance Manager to make decisions which will impact the day to day activity of the franchise you support;
- Support in delivering training to the business on processes and changes to regulations;
- Support on integration of new companies.
- Proactively identify business risks and opportunities to continually improve efficiency and effectiveness;
- Ensure events adhere to Health Care Compliance guidelines and that all contracts are fully executed in time for services;
- Enhance the Business Compliance status by accepting ownership for being customer centric and solutions orientated;
- Be transparent with all aspects of non-compliance;
- Challenge the status quo.
Skills & Competencies:
- Customer focused;
- legal and contracting experience
Audit and compliance experience
- Good with people;
- Solutions driven and outcomes focused;
- Excellent customer service and communication skills – with the ability to influence and develop tailored solutions;
- Ability to select the right communication channels to deliver quick results;
- Collaborating and engaging across functional boundaries;
- Ability to build strong working relationships globally;
- Solid organisational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Logical and disciplined approach to record storage and maintenance activities;
- Ability to manage conflicts constructively;
- Good team worker, demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the organisation and team members.
Education & Experience:
- Educated to Higher Education or equivalent calibre – desirable
- Evidence of cross-sector and/or cross functional experience
- Customer service experience
- 2-3 year’s Health Care Industry Experience – desirable
- Languages – desirable.
Willing to travel within EMEA when necessary
In return for this role, you will receive a competitive hourly rate. A minimum 12 month contract & an opportunity to work with a Global Leader with Johnson & Johnson.
Things to remember before applying for this role:
- We are looking to process the first round of applications within the next 2 working days.
- We do not accept applications via email.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Make sure you fill out your application in full, your personal CV will be used for the recruiter’s reference only, they are not sent to Hiring Managers. Ensure all relevant information is included in your application!
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”.