Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
We are currently recruiting a Data Scientist to join our contingent workforce on a growing team in Janssen Pharmaceuticals in Cork. This will be an initial 12 month contract.
About Janssen Pharmaceuticals:
Janssen Sciences Ireland UC, (previously Janssen Biologics), is part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of healthcare products and related services. Our site in Ringaskiddy was established in 2005 on a 100-acre site with an investment of €500 million. We manufacture a range of biopharmaceutical products indicated for the treatment of conditions that include rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and cancer.
We are expanding our site to allow us to meet the critical needs of patients around the world. The expansion plans involve an investment of more than €300 million that will increase the existing manufacturing space by an additional 19,100m2, provide employment for up to 450 people during construction and an extra 200 people once completed.
The role would be to support Small Molecule modelling activities .This would initially be a 12 contract position. The role will involve building modelling using tools such as SIMCA and SIMCA Online to support key products and the associated manufacturing processes In addition, the position would likely include investigational support (with SIMCA, R, python, etc.) for identifying process optimizations and/or root cause analysis. Finally, the role may also involve developing characterization models for specific stages of the manufacturing process.
- Develop and deploy real-time multivariate monitoring models using SIMCA and SIMCA Online to support the technology transfer and manufacturing processes.
- Identify, develop and implement process improvement initiatives
- Apply creative solutions to various data science projects
- Provide technical support to process investigations
- Create predictive models to help achieve optimal process performance
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Science, in Engineering or other science related field
- Strong analytical skills are a must
- Basic knowledge in quality and statistical tools for data analysis
- Preferred: experience in Excel, SIMCA, SQL, R, or Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you meet our requirements and are interested in hearing more about our Data Scientist role, please do not hesitate to apply through the provided link today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!