Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
We are currently recruiting a Data Scientist to join our contingent workforce on a growing team in Janssen Pharmaceuticals in Cork for an initial 12 months month contract.
About Janssen Pharmaceuticals:
Janssen Sciences Ireland UC, (previously Janssen Biologics), is part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of healthcare products and related services. Our site in Ringaskiddy was established in 2005 on a 100-acre site with an investment of €500 million. We manufacture a range of biopharmaceutical products indicated for the treatment of conditions that include rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and cancer.
We are expanding our site to allow us to meet the critical needs of patients around the world. The expansion plans involve an investment of more than €300 million that will increase the existing manufacturing space by an additional 19,100m2, provide employment for up to 450 people during construction and an extra 200 people once completed.
About the role
The Data Scientist will contribute to machine learning based techniques for integration into commercial processes, creation of process visualizations and deployment of real-time multivariate models for process monitoring and process control. Specifically, the Scientist will develop and utilize existing programs for mathematical algorithms to describe process performance and use these models to optimize production output across several metrics. Models will be implemented in pilot and commercial scale manufacturing. The position will also include investigational support for identifying process improvement initiatives and/or root cause analysis. The data scientist will have experience in modeling applied to life science or pharmaceutical processes or similar related experience.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines while managing changing priorities to meet customer’s needs.
- Work independently on projects that will be both strategic and tactical in nature.
- Ability to provide strategic direction using innovation and creative solutions.
- Use effective internal/external influencing, interpersonal skills, negotiation, and conflict management skills to resolve relationship and project issues.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or similar related scientific field.
- Ability to develop novel models, algorithms, and visualization tools to enable scalable solutions that support optimal performance of manufacturing processes.
- Experience collaborating with data engineers and IT architects to establish data infrastructure needs and to ensure data quality standards are maintained.
- Proficiency with multivariate statistics, algorithm design, and predictive AI/ML modeling.
- Prior knowledge and experience with opensource or commercially available packages such as Python, R, MATLAB, SIMCA, Tableau
- Prior knowledge of any of the following are strongly desirable: metabolic flux analysis, multivariate analysis, mechanistic modeling, chemometric modeling, Machine Learning, Statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of Pharmaceuticals and/or Biopharmaceuticals processes.
If you meet our requirements and are interested in hearing more about our Data Scientist role, please do not hesitate to apply through the provided link today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!