Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
We are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant to join our contingent workforce at the AMO site, in Westport, Co. Mayo. This will initially be a 6 month contract opportunity. Remote work will be considered.
As a Financial Accountant, you will be accountable for delivering accurate and timely financial information from the point of transaction through to financial close and periodic external reporting (monthly, quarterly, and annually). This individual will support accounting processes, through effective, efficient and regulatory (SOX) compliant finance processes, and in accordance with US GAAP.
The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of general accounting experience, and hold a professional accounting qualification (CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
What will a Financial Accountant do?
Be responsible for delivery of the general accounting processes and activities of the Shared Service organisation including individual, shared service and outsourced activities. Activities will include:
- Journal entry Preparation
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation Preparation
- VAT/Vies/Intrastat reporting requirements
- Facilitate and perform period close activities
- Perform variance analyses and reconciliations, as required
- Monitor and correct more complex data and information errors
- Coach/ support fellow team members (internal and outsourced) to handle more complex issues/ exceptions
As an individual contributor and team member; you will develop and deliver process documentation, training content, and super user support for more complex accounting activities, including but not limited to:
- General accounting
- VAT accounting
- Close and consolidations
- Fixed assets, capital project accounting
- Inter-Company transactions and allocation
- SOX compliance, internal controls
You will participate in process improvement reviews across Business Unit Finance, Global Service and outsourced teams as a part of continuous improvement activities such as:
- Support development of clearly defined, achievable team and individual goals.
- Capture and review scorecard KPI and measurement outcomes on a daily, weekly, and period basis.
- Perform root cause analysis for more complex exceptions.
- Investigate outstanding reconciliations and associated variances.
Support data integrity and preparation of financial information to ensure completeness, accuracy, timeliness and accessibility of financial information:
- Sustain minimum effective controls in compliance with SOX, World Wide Procedures, US GAAP and any other accounting pronouncements and policies required.
- Preparation of information for both External & Internal Audits.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance and accounting, preferred
- Qualified Accountant – CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- 2-5 years of general accounting experience in a complex global Shared Services environment
- Demonstrated capability to understand accounting outcomes and explain US GAAP accounting treatment, utilizing excellent English language skills
- Demonstrated capability of completing VAT reporting requirements
- SAP or other ERP System experience
- Process excellence experience
If you meet our requirements and are interested in applying for our Financial Accountant role, please do not hesitate to apply through the provided link today!