Johnson & Johnson
IRL - Financial Analyst - Senior
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Financial Analyst to provide financial leadership to the DePuy Synthes business unit, located in Ringaskiddy, Cork. This will initially be a 12 month contract opportunity.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, is a market-leader in the Orthopaedic implants industry and holds approx. $2 billion of Net Inventory. DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings helps advance the health and wellbeing of people around the world. DePuy Synthes, who employ over 1000 people in Cork, established its manufacturing facility in Cork in 1997 where it manufactures orthopedic knees and hips.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
- Committed to caring
- Responsible to our communities
- Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
- Rare in our background and experiences
- The drivers of our own success
- Passionate about doing what’s right
Working in a dynamic, demanding environment, this role will support the achievement of inventory-based targets. It covers baseline monthly reporting requirements and forecasting duties, overlaid with supporting key programs with different business partners and ad hoc queries. Due to the data driven nature of consolidation, this role requires an individual who will not only report the financial figures accurately, but will use initiative to help highlight focus areas, dedicatedly gain insights and have a desire to continually improve processes through automation and networking.
The position will report to the Finance Manager within the Cork based Centre of Excellence (COE).
What will a Senior Financial Analyst do?
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Monthly & quarterly consolidation and reporting of WW DePuy Synthes inventory & Days of Supply (DOS) to sub-franchise leaders, regional managers and program leads, including key analysis, metrics and dashboards
- Quarterly reporting on global Balance Sheet and P&L charges for Slow Moving & Obsolete (SLOB) costs, including identifying key areas of focus for partners
- Supporting the ongoing forecasting cycles, e.g. Business Plan, Long Term Financial Plan through engagement with key business partners, providing templates, data analysis and consolidating
- Working with Global Surgery finance teams to provide consolidated Medical Devices (HMD) view of inventory, DOS & SLOB
- Continually enhance data collation and actively utilize automation tools to ensure reporting supports both current requirements & deadlines as well as stretching to identified new needs
- Build strong partnerships with key business partners and with the global HMD Finance community
- Support initiatives across the global COE finance organization
- Provide financial support and governance to inventory related programs and projects, with strong focus on programs driving field asset improvements.
- Develop, enhance and implement models to improve the accuracy of inventory reporting and improve decision-making processes suitable for the demanding environment
- Lead and participate in operational improvements, ranging from streamlining existing processes to initiatives that improve in the broader context
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA accountant
- Strong experience of working within a multinational, complex matrixed and fast-paced environment
- Advanced Excel, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results driven with a strong ownership and accountability for deliverables
- Accuracy with strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Strong organization skills and an aptitude for planning
- Demonstrated record of driving continuous operational improvements.
- Ambitious, dedicated, high-energy and hardworking approach
- Ability to build effective business relationships
- Supply chain finance experience in Medical device or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Track record in multi-cultural business relationship management
- Data visualization skills – Tableau, PowerBI
- Exposure to operations through working with the business in a global supply chain environment