Johnson & Johnson
IRL - Revenue Accountant
9 month contract
Ireland (Westport)/ Remote Working
As a Revenue Accountant, you will be accountable for delivering accurate and timely financial information from the point of transaction through to financial close and periodic external reporting (monthly, quarterly, and annually).
This individual will support revenue accounting processes, through effective, efficient, and regulatory (SOX) compliant finance processes, and in accordance with US GAAP.
The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of accounting experience, and hold a professional accounting qualification (CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Delivers value-added financial accounting and reporting within agreed deadlines taking responsibility for Revenue reporting.
- Takes ownership and responsibility of SOX compliance of Revenue reporting.
- Be responsible for delivery of the revenue accounting processes and activities of the Shared Service organization including individual, shared service, and outsourced activities. Activities will include:
- Journal Entry & Balance Sheet Reconciliation Preparation, ensuring completeness, accuracy, timeliness and accessibility of the underlying financial information
- Facilitate and perform period close activities
- Perform variance analyses and reconciliations, as required
- Ensure compliance to revenue recognition principles under the Revenue Recognition standard ASC 606 and Johnson & Johnson Worldwide Procedures
- Liaise with various stakeholders e.g. Customer Service, Commercial Teams etc. to ensure that revenue is recognized accurately
- Monitor and correct complex data and information errors
- Chief point of contact with internal and external auditors for all revenue related queries
- Coach/ support fellow team members (internal and outsourced) to handle more complex issues/ exceptions
- Business partnering with key stakeholders across the business to implement new and efficient processes
- Bachelors Degree in finance and accounting preferred
- Qualified Accountant - CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- 2-5 years PQE of accounting experience in a complex, fast-paced, global Shared Services environment
- Demonstrated capability to understand accounting outcomes and explain US GAAP accounting treatment, utilizing excellent English language skills
- Experience with revenue accounting is a distinct advantage
- SAP or other ERP System experience
- Process excellence experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop & nurture relationships across the entire business