Johnson & Johnson
Junior Manufacturing Engineer - Cork, Ireland
Junior Manufacturing Engineer - Cork, Ireland
12 month contract - DePuy Cork
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
This role supports manufacturing operations in the areas of process development, tool design, machine programming, machinery & equipment acquisition, manufacturing layout, continuous improvement and other duties associated with engineering support of production.
• Provides technical support in identifying continuous improvements to manufacturing operations and implementing new technologies including development of processes, researching current and emerging technologies and evaluating process quality, cost, capacity and capability alternatives.
• Supports the needs of manufacturing areas in terms of meeting the requirements for quality standards and compliant documentation, capacity, product availability and cost.
• Provides technical support regarding equipment design and development, testing of materials, preparation of specifications and operator instructions, process studies, investigations, root cause analysis, problem solving and report or presentation preparation.
• Performs assignments designed to continue the development of professional work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks, project management, statistical analysis and presentation of data and technical writing.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads engineering projects that are less complex, either technically or with a small cross-functional team. Leads and participates in projects including developing and executing to the plan and schedule and meeting the goals and objectives of the project. Tracks costs, prepares status reports, conducts meetings, and documents and communicates progress to management.
• Leads and participates in investigations, develops plans and executes tasks to solve process problems including Nonconformances (NC), complaint investigations, audit observations and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA).
• Provides day to day support and direction to production such as, but not limited to turning, milling, drilling, EDM, finishing, packaging etc. as required.
• Writes and executes engineering studies and process validation protocols and summary reports (Installation Qualification, Operation Qualification, Performance Qualification, Computer Software Validation and Test Method Validation).
• Identifies and implements process improvements for existing manufacturing processes utilizing appropriate engineering principles and standard strategies such as, Lean and Six Sigma principles.
• Performs gage design, measurement system analysis, and gage implementation as required. Is able to use various types of measuring instruments including, micrometers, calipers, comparators, tensile testers, coordinate measurement systems etc. to support engineering testing.
• Develops fixtures and designs tools and has the ability to express and implement ideas with tool designers.
• Supports new equipment acquisition efforts including user requirement specifications, machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
• Develops and implements manufacturing and inspection procedures.
• Participates in, and, in some cases, leads cross-functional teams which may include, but are not limited to Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Quality Assurance, Finance, and Product Development.
• Acts as a liaison to vendors with regard to contracted products, tools & fixtures, and their manufacture.
• Performs other related duties, as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• 2-4 years of experience in manufacturing and/or engineering is required.
• Previous experience working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device is preferred.
• Six Sigma or Lean Sigma certification or 2 years of experience preferred.
• Bachelor of Science Degree from accredited institution in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related degree.
• Demonstrates strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Demonstrates strong computer skills, such as the use of Microsoft Office, Minitab, and databases.
• Demonstrates strong organizational and project management skills and are results oriented.
• Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills and professional interactions with co-workers.
• Demonstrates troubleshooting skills.
• Must be willing to support global projects including some travel.
• Must be willing to support all production shifts.
• Participates in and understands compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment including compliance with the Quality System Regulation (QSR), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and applicable Work Instructions.
• Follows all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and maintains the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
• Supports and operates in a proactive safety environment
• Works in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals.
In return for this role you will receive a very competitive hourly rate. A minimum 12 month contract & an opportunity to work with a Global Leader within the Pharmaceutical sector, DePuy/Johnson & Johnson.
Things to remember before applying for this role:
- We are looking to process the first round of applications within the next 2 working days.
- We do not accept applications via email.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Make sure you fill out your application in full, your personal CV will be used for the recruiter’s reference only, they are not sent to Hiring Managers. Ensure all relevant information is included in your application!
Thank you very much and we look forward to receiving your application.
If you would like some additional information about the role please contact: Trish.Delaney@randstadsourceright.co.uk
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”.