Johnson & Johnson
Janssen Vaccines in Bern (Switzerland) is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Janssen is an organization of over 30,000 employees who work passionately to prevent, treat, cure and stop some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time.
In Bern, around 300 people from over 20 nations work with the broader Janssen organization and its partners on the development, manufacture and analysis of new vaccines and bacteria-based pharmaceutical products. We are committed to creating meaningful innovations for global health by addressing the greatest threats to human health around the world.
The Technical Services department supports the development and production of biological active ingredients at the Bern location within Janssen.
- The main customers are the internal departments such as Operations, Development and QC. These units mainly focus on the development of new drugs and the production of clinical trial material.
The technical service team is responsible for safe, high-quality and cost-effective procurement and operation within the statutory and internal J&J requirements over the entire life cycle of production and infrastructure systems. In order to advance the further development of the department, the team is looking for a:
Lead Engineer Projects
- Leads and coordinates technical investment projects in field of utilities, infrastructure, equipment
- Implements of specifies project goals with adherence to time, cost and quality requirements
- Prepares and submits investment requests
- Guarantees that approved projects and changes to systems, facilities, infrastructure and utilities meet all required building authority, GMP requirements as well as environmental and safety standards
- Leads cross-functional teams for different projects, initiatives
- Manages relationships externally and internally
- Coordinates with global engineering, EHS regarding technology standards and specifications
- Creates and guarantees of perfect project documentation and reporting
- Expands and maintains existing supplier network
- Analyzes project technical requirements and institution of specific guidelines for the immediate engineering activity
- Conducts investigations to troubleshoot problems and leads changes to correct them
- Ensures and documents that approved projects are executed and that any changes to systems and production systems make all required GMP requirements and EHS compliant
- Technical degree (TS, HTL/FH) with at least 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Proven track record in the field of project management in the pharmaceutical industry, from planning, execution to commissioning of equipment and utilities
- Strong technical skills in the construction of pharmaceutical sites and their infrastructure
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the core business and technical area
- Experienced in working with internal departments (development, operations, quality, technical services) to carry out projects, develop standards and define project requirements and priorities
- Experience working with different stakeholders, internally and externally
- Profound GMP-knowledge (EU and US)
- Strong communication
- Skills in time and self-management
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Language: German and English
- Experience with various IT-tools and systems, especially MS Office