Johnson & Johnson
12 months with possibility of extension
€30-€40 per hour
Key to the success of the Vision Care business is the ability to deliver new, innovative, quality products to our customers in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will be a core team member in New Product Introduction and Manufacturing Platform Development projects with specific accountabilities for the area of Manufacturing Equipment performance.
You will be encouraged and expected to keep up to date on new developments and technologies and present on new ‘Best Practice’ methodologies, procedures, processes and equipment to the company in a proactive manner.
In support of existing Manufacturing platforms within the Vision Care business you will lead projects to optimize processes and cell equipment to facilitate high levels of quality, reliability and capability.
As a Manufacturing Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of site Engineering and Value Stream performance and strategic objectives
- Vendor resource management to facilitate attainment of project or team goals within established timelines and budgets
- Management of engineering Projects with responsibility for on-time, on-budget delivery of engineering projects.
- Leading Project through detailed plans and execution on innovative change across assigned assets, both equipment upgrades and equipment optimizations.
- Adherence to site and legislative safety standards and other relevant regulations. All employees are responsible for minimizing both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
You will be responsible for providing technical and leadership with specific ownership for the following:
- New Product Introduction
- Identification and implementation of continuous improvement activities to improve product quality and increase Overall Equipment Effectiveness.
- Optimizing processes and cell equipment to facilitate high levels of quality, reliability and capability.
- Engage with the appropriate personnel in the identification and resolution of Corrective/Preventative actions to address Quality, Technical, and Manufacturing issues
- Perform planning, development, facilitation of design and installation of high volume Manufacturing equipment, systems and processes.
- Project Management and coordination of Multiple Projects in parallel in a matrix environment.
- Provide troubleshooting expertise to resolve Manufacturing equipment, systems and process problems using strong statistical methodology
- You will have a minimum qualification of Level 8 B.Sc. or B.Eng. honours degree in a relevant Engineering discipline with a proven track record of delivering results.
- You will have 8+ years engineering experience in the areas of equipment development, project management, installation, commissioning and validation in an automated high volume manufacturing environment.
- Green/Black Belt Certification preferable but not essential.
- You will have a passion for Equipment Development with a strong background in systematic problem solving and data analysis techniques.
- You enjoy working on your own initiative while also possessing the collaborative and influencing skills to be a key contributor within cross functional teams.
- As a Senior Engineer you will operate as a technical leader, leading and directing projects to achieve engineering goals in line with business strategies and objectives.
- This role also partners with Operations and Quality in the identification, definition and execution of projects driving continuous improvement of business value stream productivity, efficiencies and capabilities.