Johnson & Johnson
MDR Technician (Junior/ Graduate)
Role title: MDR Technician
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract Duration: 12 months
Location: Blackpool (Site based)
Hours: 37 per week. Monday to Friday 8am to 4.430pm and Fridays 8am to 1pm.
Hourly Pay Rate: £12 - £13 PAYE
This role is outside of IR35
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
To perform stability testing for MDR projects to allow MDR deadlines to be met.
Duties & Responsibilities (leadership, people development, planning and execution)
- Conduct lab-based stability testing for MDR shelf-life studies
- Conduct investigations into laboratory failures and raise issues with test results to appropriate levels of management.
- Write protocols and reports for studies where required.
- Adhere to the Change Control and Design Control requirements
- Coordinate own week to week workload in line with project plans and Departmental priorities and overall business framework
Quality and Compliance Related Responsibilities
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in compliance with all regulations and laws governing business and quality operations
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all local, national, international and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
Job Specific Competencies
- Scientific knowledge and experience
- Responsible for applying effective problem solving techniques and tools to resolve product performance issues.
- To promote and improve technical knowledge and support in meeting the strategic needs of the business
- CONNECT both internally and externally - Pursue new ways to advance the pace of innovation and growth, linking people, ideas and opportunities to meet unmet needs.
- SHAPE. Turning those deep insights into innovative and viable products and solutions that people value
- LEAD. Create an environment where we can do our best work; develop ourselves and others—pushing to improve how we work and how we work with others.
- DELIVER. Inspire and mobilise people and teams. We must take accountability and act with speed and agility.
- Degree qualified – ideally science
- Ideally previous experience of working in a laboratory in either a company or academic environment.
- Some previous experience in medical device or related regulated industry desirable but not essential
- Ideally previous experience in protocol and report writing and data analysis
- Good communication skills
- Able to deal with constantly changing requirements and priorities
- Ability to work as a team
- Manage your own time and workload
- Excellent organisational skills
- Scientific background
- To have the ability of numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and to be PC literate
- Knowledge of statistical techniques
Things to remember before applying for this role:
- We are looking to process the first round of applications within the next 2 working days.
- We do not accept applications via email.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Make sure you fill out your application in full, your personal CV will be used for the recruiter’s reference only, they are not sent to Hiring Managers. Ensure all relevant information is included in your application!
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in Ireland are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”.