Johnson & Johnson
Medical Education Project Lead - Remote
Medical Education Project Lead - Remote
This role is OUTSIDE IR35
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
To work strategically with the therapy area in the coordination and implementation of medical education events and materials, including development and execution of digital programmes, in line with EFPIA code.
Help disseminate medical education materials to OpCos where appropriate.
Responsible for the medical education project coordination of large/complex HCC sensitive cross border medical events (standalone, congresses…):
Manage the set up and operational execution of HCC sensitive cross-border events, according to MESRL’s expectations and interacting with other med comms. Digital or logistics agency, including overall event budget management responsibilities Together with event owner also manage customer interaction with HCPs/HCOs/Scientific Societies organizing congresses and third scientific party events.
1.1 MAIN ACTIVITIES/TASKS:
Medical Event preparation
o Work with event owner on yearly plans of events and programs
o Coordinate the preparation of Medical HCC sensitive Events with the EMEA MAF team(s) event owner (MESRL for ME activities, or EMPL, EMAD,
EMAs, for other MAF events)
o Responsible for set up of preparation meetings with Event owner and internal/external stakeholders/agencies.
o Proactively reach out to event owner in a continuous way and escalate issues if needed
Event Project Management
o Responsible for preparation, conduction and closure and reconciliation of large/complex HCC sensitive cross border medical events (standalone,
o Together with event owner, select & contract medical communication, production (including digital production) and logistics agencies for each event o Together with the event owner, manage HCP communications and
o Coordinate, align and act as primary contact point with all external agencies (MedCom, Logistics, production)
o Closely work with the EMEA Event Support (P2P) team to follow contract, payment processes and event post filling reconciliation.
o Align with OpCo colleagues on dissemination of materials and the localisation of regional (parent/child) events and handle logistic updates and
communication with OpCos on event basis
o Ensure effective onsite delivery
o Coordinate event wrap-up and evaluation including feedback forms
o Management all HCBI aspects related to event project management: iCONNECT submission, exception or incident, post event filing and archiving, Transfer of Value (ToV)
Budget management tasks
o Follow-up with involved agencies their budget estimates and work
o Request PO numbers and work closely with the EMOS and EMEA Event Support Team (P2P)
o Follow up on invoices and reconciliations, support budget owner with reconciliation review of events (review agency budget proposals according to job description and rating cards).
o Responsible for budget planning, tracking and reporting of large events together with event owner and EMOS
o Provide EMOS with all required information for the MAF budget consolidation
o Ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with regulatory guidelines, HCBI and company policy and for medical education projects follow the ME Excellence guidelines
o Maintain open communication and cooperation with other individuals in EMEA Medical Affairs Team to ensure knowledge exchange and sharing of good practice.
1.2 SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
● BSc or similar
● Familiarity with EFPIA and/or local code in country where based
● Fluency in English language required.
● Fluency in additional EMEA languages an advantage
● This position requires very frequent travel within Europe and other regions (~30% up to 50% during congress busy periods)
2.1 ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
● Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills, time-management skills and communications skills, both written and verbal.
● Proven skills at developing and managing varied relationships within and outside the company.
● Ability to identify and resolve issues that arise during execution of task.
● Very organized and process oriented.
● Knowledge of J&J travel policies (AMEX), and internal systems used (including Concur, ICD, Cornerstone, eMP, LYNX and others ) of benefit
● Awareness of, and advanced training in, Healthcare Compliance Business Integrity (HCBI).
● Knowledge of event creation and management in iConnect
● Awareness of and adherence to Johnson & Johnson Credo values.