Johnson & Johnson
NL - (Senior) Associate Scientist - Analytical Development - Biophysics and Process Analytics
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Our teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
In our organization, entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points. In order to strengthen our team, we are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen. The offices of Janssen Vaccines & Prevention are located in Leiden.
For our department in Leiden we are looking for an enthusiastic
(Senior) Associate Scientist - Analytical Development - Biophysics and Process Analytics
Introduction Of Company And Team:
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V., previously Crucell, is one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. We are dedicated to bringing life-saving innovation to global health. Our teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacturing, and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases. With the leading R&D group within the Dutch pharmaceutical industry, we are in an outstanding position to commercialize several vaccines in the near future. This gives excellent personal development opportunities!
The Biophysics and Process Analytics (BPA) team is a young and dynamic group (35 team members), which is part of Analytical Development (AD), responsible for a range of activities focused on biophysical and analytical vaccine characterization. Our responsibilities include project bridging and transfer from late discovery to development, analytical support for process development, scouting exploration and implementation of novel analytical technologies.
We are looking for a motivated person who enjoys working in a multidisciplinary team. The ideal candidate is science minded, flexible and dynamic in approaches and has a proven and robust theoretical and experimental track record in the field of bioanalytics with comprehensive hands-on experience with techniques such as:
- Fluorescence and circular dichroism and/or FTIR spectroscopy
- Multi-angle and dynamic light scattering
- Capillary isoelectric focusing
- Isothermal and differential scanning calorimetry
- Biomolecular interactions (ex. Octet, Elisa, MSD, alphalysa and/or others)
- Atomic force and/or electron microscopy
Experience in early analytical development and/or process analytics technologies is a plus.
The candidate will work hands-on with both routine sample analysis as well as under more exploratory settings where he/she will be involved in designing, executing biochemical and biophysical experiments, and analyzing biochemical and biophysical data. Further responsibilities include instrument maintenance, troubleshooting, written reporting and oral presentations in various settings.
The candidate is expected to have an inclusive and collaborative spirit and work in line with colleagues from within the group and outside departments. The exact level of the position will be decided depending on the experience and background of the identified candidate.
- MSc. in biochemistry, biophysics and/or protein chemistry
- Proven track record in biophysical and biochemical analytics and/or process analytics technologies
- Scientific mind
- Likes team work and outside the box approaches.
- Eager to share both his/her theoretical and experimental knowledge
- Keen to explore new technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team are equally important as independent planning and execution of tasks
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- This is a contracting position, with the possibility of an extension after the end date. You will receive a contract via our partner YACHT. They can offer you a contract for the duration of the assignment at J&J, a one year contract or a freelance contract (ZZP).