Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce
Currently we are looking for a Process Engineer for one year.
1. Overall Responsibilities
The role is to provide engineering support for within the value streams. The role requires technical ownership to be taken and contributing towards key business drivers such as HSE, Quality, Supply and Cost. The role will also require a focus on supply chain stability which will involve managing issue resolution, CAPA and CIP projects. As process owner the role will involve collaborating with a number of functional groups delivering projects in the value stream such as NPI and Manufacturing Engineering as well as with suppliers and other sister sites running similar processes.
2. Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Issue resolution and management within the supply chain
- Support attainment of key business metrics through the provision of engineering support for value stream processes.
- Elimination of safety, quality and other supply chain risks in the process through the delivery of robust solutions.
- Manage costs through the delivery of scrap, reprocessing and consumable projects.
- Support asset management topics within the business, such as asset decommissioning, asset replacement and support other asset related activities
- Actively promote a safety culture.
- Ensure production equipment meets all relevant national and J&J Health, Safety and Environment requirements through completion of required assessments and documentation.
- Competent in validation requirements for new consumables / materials and process changes.
- Updates and maintenance of manufacturing specifications for process steps.
- Ensure timely closure of quality actions such as Audit Actions, NCR?s, CAPA?s.
- work with suppliers to ensure all process development, validation, etc. is managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
- Root Cause Analysis and implementation of robust solutions to supply and quality issues as they arise through tools such as 8D and Six Sigma.
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities ensuring projects are delivered to agreed timelines.
- Manage the consumables budget for the assigned value stream identifying opportunities for cost reduction and managing the delivery of savings.
- Lead scrap reduction within the value stream through a structured approach to data capture, analysis and problem solving.
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the department?s continuous improvement program.
- Provide process input into the value stream mapping process which is used to develop the business plan for the value stream.
- Determine equipment layouts for manufacturing cells using Lean Manufacturing tool as identified.
- Actively interface with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating and project requirements.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the Engineering team.
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioral Standards based culture within the Engineering team.
- Work with Team Lead and/or Manager to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
- Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives.
3. Job Profile
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline or equivalent
- A minimum of 4+ years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead significant projects to completion, on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues and provide practical and cost-effective engineering solutions.
- Previous experience with plasma spraying technologies
Interpersonal skills/ characteristics
- Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Good work ethic.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good Problem-Solving skills.
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm for delivering to commitments.
- Excellent planning & organisation skills with an attention for detail.
- Extent of confidentiality - discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
- Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
- Certification in Six Sigma or Statistical Engineering.
If you are interested in hearing more about our Process Engineer, please do not hesitate to apply through the provided link today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!