Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
We are currently recruiting a Project Engineer to join our contingent workforce on a growing team in Depuy Synthes in Cork This will be an initial 12 month contract.
About DePuy Synthes:
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative, and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services, and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Lead engineer for manufacturing processes development of for new product introductions. The successful candidate will provide project and technical leadership in cross functional teams to set up new processes to meet challenging project commitments in line with agreed stability metrics. The role will involve collaborating with global R&D teams to develop innovative and cost effective devices and delivering highly stable and effective manufacturing processes
- Lead NPI development requirements and work with cross functional teams in the Innovation Centre and with the Value Streams.
- Design, develop and source tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for manufacturing processes. Co-ordinate with internal and external partners.
- Provide design for manufacturing technical input to global design groups to minimise lifecycle cost.
- Deliver stable manufacturing solutions in line with stability metrics process.
- Management of R&D test parts and sample requests.
- Conduct detailed product design reviews.
- Development of advanced manufacturing processes to lean guidelines.
- Manage risk management and validation lifecycle for new process or process changes.
- Management of the Asset Lifecycle for new equipment (URS/RA/IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Full budget responsibility for project capital and expense spend
- Direct PFMEA studies and lead risk assessment effort for overall process
- Influence innovative qualification methodologies to apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on failure model and overall risk
- Develop strategic collaborations across functions, business units and geographic boundaries to achieve effective outcomes over the long-term
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities
- Degree in Mechanical/Production/Manufacturing Engineering and 2 years experience in a medical device or comparable hi-tech environment.
- Proven track record in development and Installation of manufacturing processes for New Products or Product Transfer.
- Experience using proven problem solving/Root techniques (8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to lead sub teams within a project and give direction to fellow team members, contractors, vendors to complete tasks to a defined timeline.
- Self motivated, with focus on Quality, Timelines and Cost.
- Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
- Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills
- Expert knowledge of lean manufacturing processes
If you meet our requirements and are interested in hearing more about our Project Engineer role, please do not hesitate to apply through the provided link today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!