Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
I am currently recruiting for a PSM Engineer to join Janssen in Cork. This is a 12 month contract initially.
The successful PSM Engineer will assist with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) programmes to ensure compliance with regulatory, corporate and industry requirements. Acts as an SME and advisor to all teams on site in relation to PSM & other EHS matters.
GENERAL SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide PSM & general EHS support for the Cork site:
- Support equipment / capital project HAZOP assessments and other process safety related risk assessments e.g. SIL / LOPA, ATEX.
- Co-ordinate & support HAZOP Revalidation programme
- Assess changes / projects from process safety perspective as part of site Change Control process
- Support Pre Start Up Safety Reviews
- Support site to trouble shoot related process safety issues,
- Ensure compliance with SEVESO III regulations.
- To propose, develop and implement improvements to the Process Safety Management System (PSM) as required
- Ensures that systems are in place to maintain 100% site compliance with all relevant leglislation & J&J EHS standards related to area of responsibility.
- Develop, support and delivery of process safety training programs as deemed necessary
- Responsible for generation of process safety metrics & trends & presentation e.g. EHS&S management Review
- Participate in incident / accident investigations & root cause analyses (RCA)
- Completes / assists in completion of periodic Self Assessments & audits of the EHS Management System.
Additional scope -
- Perform periodic walkdowns / audits / programme reviews to ensure compliance with safety and environmental permits, plans, policies and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the preparation, implementation and review of EHS Procedures and other EHS documents appropriate to the scope of site activities and in compliance with J&J requirements.
- Provide technical support for the site risk assessment / JSA programme / PTW and assist in implementing appropriate control measures for identified risks.
- This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a strong general/technical knowledge and experience in the Pharma industry or equivalent, be a strong effective communicator with all stakeholders. She/he will be a strong collaborator with a proven track and a strong networker able of leveraging EHS&S expertise on and off site.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate as part of a team is critical.
- Customer focus
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- Strong Influencing skills
- Attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Results and performance driven
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Availability and willingness to travel on company business
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with colleagues regarding EHS issues
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience working to ISO14001 and OSHAS 18001 international standards, preferably within a pharmaceutical or related environment is required.
- 3rd level degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or other related discipline.
- At least 5 years experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical environment
- Sound knowledge of EHS legislation and standards, particularly those applicable to SEVESO
- Good written, oral communication & interpersonal skills
- Highly proactive, mature judgement and decision making ability
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Self-directed & demonstrated efficient work methods, problem solving skills & ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- A post graduate qualification in Process Safety
- HAZOP Chairperson
- LOPA / SIL trained
- Green Belt
- Knowledge of SEVESO regulations
KEY INDIVIDUAL LEADER COMPETENCIES:
- A strong communicator & influencer who is credible, self-assured and highly capable of negotiating successful outcomes with site stakeholders (managers, leads, contractors, front line workers).
- Demonstrates ability to work with teams and individuals
- Proven track record of delivering agreed-upon expectations.
- Builds strong productive lasting relationships
- S/he will have strong technical skills and the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the necessary capabilities to understand and find solutions for complex technical/regulatory issues
- Asserts personal ideas and opinions using persuasion to influence others
- Seeks opportunities to grow and develop professionally
- Uses best practices to improve business operations
- Holds self-accountable for compliant and flawless execution
- Takes personal responsibility for decisions that successfully build customer value
- Effectively manages and adapts to change
- Demonstrates the courage to stand alone on ideas and opinions that differ from others
- Listens effectively and remains open to others ideas.
- Works effectively with people that have diverse styles, talents and ideas
- Maintains the highest standards of ethical behaviour
- Treats people with dignity and respect
SIGNIFICANT SAFETY OR WORKING CONSIDERATIONS:
- Comply with the requirements of the company's Environmental, Health & Safety Policy, Safety
- Statement, associated EHS Procedures and duties outlined in the site EHS Manual.