Johnson & Johnson
Senior Finance Analyst - Cork, Ireland (Hybrid or remote)
Senior Finance Analyst, Statutory Reporting, Ireland
This role can either be Hybrid or remote however you must be Ireland based.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
- Assist with corporation tax compliance for Irish group companies
- Assist with US Tax reporting processes and US tax filings (?LR exhibits?) for all Irish group companies
- Provide ad-hoc tax advice and support to Irish group companies on projects
- Support the preparation of statutory accounts for all Irish group companies.
- Directly reports to Stats & Tax Manager in Ireland
- No direct reports
- Will be part of Janssen business services org in Ireland
- Provide tax and statutory reporting support across all Irish group companies
- Support the annual statutory reporting process for all Irish entities including
- Assisting with the external audit, and supporting the timely submission to the
- Support the performance of income and deferred tax computation within internal and external defined reporting timelines for Johnson & Johnson Irish entities.
- Collecting information from all group companies as required in order to support tax payments. Support the preparation of tax accounting entries with Finance business partners
- Assisting with Irish Revenue tax audits and information requests.
- Support the submission of quarterly/yearly US legal reporting including liaison with finance and tax colleagues
- Provide Irish IFRS/tax accounting advice and support in the areas of M&A, divestitures, reorganizations (e.g. business transfers, legal entity rationalization, financial restructurings, closures).
- Partner internally and develop close working relationships with CTC, JBS, Service Centres and Business Partners worldwide (Finance Directors, CTC peers, Tax Planning, Payroll, HR, Legal, Supply Chain) to anticipate any special transaction, understand business developments and collect vital input for quarter closings and tax reporting planning cycles
- Assisting with internal SOX requirements.
- Support Ad Hoc projects, as required, to meet business objectives including business integrations and corporate initiatives.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices, including opportunities arising from Project SigniFi.
Background information and Main Activities
- Working as part of a small team of tax and statutory professionals
- Reporting under JBS org (Janssen Business Services Ireland ) but with responsibility for tax and statutory compliance and reporting for all Irish companies across all sectors (not just Janssen)
- Close interaction with finance colleagues from all Irish group companies as well as external auditors, tax authorities and internal colleagues from all areas of the business.
Other Working Relationships
- Develop close working relationship with peers and managers in finance departments (Financial Controllers, Finance Directors)
- Interaction with external auditors and Irish tax authorities
- Communication with Corporate HQ, particularly on US tax reporting
- Interaction with other business and tax colleagues across Ireland and worldwide as and when required, e.g. Payroll, HR, Legal, Supply Chain
Decision Making, Authority and Controls
- Managing a portfolio of companies? tax affairs and reporting.
Problems / Key Features
- Understanding of management/internal reporting compared to external statutory reporting
- Ability to focus on the key issues and see through the potential complications
- Working within tight deadlines to meet internal and external submission requirements
- As part of a team of tax professionals, you will be expected to provide strong technical advice and recommendations as requested by the business
Knowledge / Experience / Skills required
- Either accounting or tax qualification is required (both an advantage) and relevant tax experience.
- 5+ years Post qualification experience
- Ability to deliver results under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and apply experience gained
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise
- Good working knowledge of US GAAP reporting
- Be innovative and facilitate an environment of continuous improvement
In return for this role, you will receive a very competitive hourly rate. A minimum 7 month contract & an opportunity to work with a Global Leader within the Pharmaceutical sector, Johnson & Johnson.
Things to remember before applying for this role:
- We are looking to process the first round of applications within the next 2 working days.
- We do not accept applications via email.
- This is a Maternity cover contract however there may be opportunities for other roles at the end of the contract.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Make sure you fill out your application in full, your personal CV will be used for the recruiter’s reference only, they are not sent to Hiring Managers. Ensure all relevant information is included in your application!
Thank you very much and we look forward to receiving your application.
If you would like some additional information about the role please contact: Tabitha.email@example.com
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in Ireland are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”.