Johnson & Johnson
Shopper Marketing Manager - Remote
Shopper Marketing Manager - Remote
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
The Shopper Marketing team is tasked with driving J&J’s business through effective engagement and conversion of shoppers at the point of purchase (POP). This is through the flawless amplification and execution of Brand Marketing plans as well as the development of retailer/channel specific co-marketing initiatives.
The Shopper Marketing Managers are part of a wider Shopper Marketing team of 10 team members. Their overall responsibility is to:
- Deliver Shopper executions that reflect the shopper’s needs and are strategically tailored across the path to purchase.
- Develop and translate customer and shopper insights into creative impactful activation to be implemented across channels.
- Jointly build UK customer/channel specific Shopper Marketing plans to deliver category/brand solutions and deliver against the UK National Activity Plan.
- Develop and translate customer and shopper insights into differentiated co-marketing opportunities with specific UK customers/channels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading initiative planning and strategy for specified brands.
- Future initiative toolkit development.
- Creation and deployment of brand initiative style guides for the UK.
- Claims and visual development and pre-store testing.
- The in-store activation of Gold/Silver/Bronze initiatives in their defined channel/customers. They will lead the work to build and deliver Shopper Marketing Plans for J&J within their customers and ensure consistency of message and brand imagery.
- Playing a key role in retailer brand planning days across GFOs for their brands.
- Driving strategic thinking for retail-specific amplification.
- Delivering retailer differentiated opportunities as identified.
- Brands assigned for specific role – to be confirmed
- NPI launches, differentiated retailer initiatives, event plans and monthly activity linked with retailer promotional plans.
- Internally and externally facing role.
- Key stakeholders internally: Shopper Project Manager, Shopper Marketing Managers, Customer Development, Marketing, Commercial Strategy, Category Development
- Key stakeholders externally: Retailers, Retailer agencies, Artwork agencies, Strategic shopper agency.
- Execution in current year and planning for next.
- All UK categories and designated channel / customers.
Execution with Excellence:
- Be a Shopper Activation expert for assigned brands, amplifying priority initiatives to maximise J&Js share.
- Take National Activity Plan and determine Gold/Silver/Bronze segmentation of activities and work with designated Channel / Customer Teams to ensure delivery and excellence of in-store activation.
- Develop and implement a compelling shopper marketing plan for all identified initiatives as well as supporting the retailer’s promotional activity programme.
- Understand the path to purchase for assigned brands and categories to produce suitable instore materials and make strategic recommendations that unlock the purchase barriers.
- Develop clear style guides to ensure consistency in execution across the retail trade ensuring brand and regulatory approvals are met.
- Ensure all POS delivered has a clear call to action for the shopper, is impactful, clear to read, aligned to brand equity (style guide) and addresses shopper purchase barriers to deliver increased sales.
- Engage and work in collaboration with J&J Legal, Reg’s and Medical teams to ensure product claims are developed within set parameters, whilst influencing the outcome.
- Continually improve the quality of POS presence instore, benchmark versus competitors, learn from market best practice and innovate.
- Deliver Shopper Activation evaluations for all Gold initiatives, using results to determine best ROI activities and drive year on year improvements.
- Development and translation of customer and shopper insights into Shopper Marketing opportunities with specific customers/channels
- Develop strong relationships with the customer(s) at a marketing and activation level as to drive commitment and ensure exceptional support for J&J innovation and initiatives and where identified co-marketing opportunities
- Control and optimise shopper marketing budget allocated.
External Agency Engagement:
- Provide quality and timely briefs for external agencies and engage fully and swiftly to ensure a superior output and strong working relationships and on budget executions.
- Drive high quality relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring they understand what is important to the shopper at the POP and what J&J need to deliver effectively along the path to purchase.
Integrated Business Planning:
- Lead shopper marketing input into all parts of the IBP process providing clear guidance on how to win at the POP and incorporating understanding on shoppers, category, customer, competition, channel and external environment to help shape go to market plans for their assigned brands.
- Responsibility for deploying the Shopper Activation budget for assigned brands, to drive our brand objectives and unlock the purchase barriers, across the path to purchase.
- Budget to be kept updated and ROI on all expenditure to be reviewed and plans developed accordingly.
- Proposed plan for the full year to be aligned with Marketing and CD stakeholders.
Professional Experience Required:
- Experience in in-store communications and trade/retail marketing required.
- Strong stakeholder management including external agencies.
- Experience working with High street and Grocery retailers required.
- Experience working with Medical Affairs (PAGB), and Regulatory teams preferred.
- Commerciality, Innovation, Creativity, Project Management and a passion and flair for retail execution
Influence & Impact:
- Positively champions Shopper Marketing across the business.
- Eagerly accepts stretch goals – winning attitude.
- Ability to develop strong relationships across multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to project manage multiple projects often to tight timescales and prioritise and mobilise a team behind these based on business importance.
Insights & Action:
- Executes with excellence.
- Deep understanding of shopper needs / data.
- Demonstrates a clear bias for action on priorities.
- Moves with speed to deliver results.
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions.
- Commercial and Financial acumen, excellent understanding of ROI, using all to inform decision making.
- Regulatory and compliance focused.
- Recognised as an expert resource for their brand teams and adapts actions accordingly.
- Thorough knowledge of retail environment.
- Understanding of retailer requirements and how to win in store.
- Lead, Deliver, Shape, Connect
In return for this role you will receive a very competitive hourly rate. A minimum 12 month contract with a very high chance of extension & an opportunity to work with a Global Leader within the Pharmaceutical sector, Johnson & Johnson.
Please Note: This role is INSIDE IR35. Pay rate for this role will depend on how you are paid (PAYE or Umbrella options)
If you are interested in this role please apply now, or for more information contact Tabitha.Crabtree@randstadsourceright.co.uk