Johnson & Johnson
Technical Specialist Microbiology QC
The Netherlands, initially 6 months contract, 40h, Hybrid way of work
Johnson & Johnson Worksense is responsible for finding, engaging, and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
We are currently recruiting a Technical Specialist Microbiology QC to join our contingent workforce in Janssen Biologics in Leiden for an initial 6-month contract.
Janssen Biologics B.V. is one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson and is passionate about the development, production, and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to prevent and combat infectious diseases. At the Leiden Site, hard-working and multi-scaled people are working in a high-performance culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points.
As a part of the QC Lab situated at the Janssen Biologics Manufacturing site in Leiden, the Microbiology test team is responsible for the execution of test methods using various microbiological assays (e.g., Bioburden, Endotoxin, Sterility, and Speciation testing), samples ranging from early clinical up to commercial process control, release, and stability. The Microbiology department consists of around 35 people.
The Technical Specialist Microbiology QC will actively handle the Medium and High quality and compliance issues at the lab independently or with help of the lab technicians. Will work to maintain the cGMP compliance and the LEAN status of the team.
Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) during cGMP inspections and is SPOC (Single point of contact) for the lab during new product implementations, investigations, qualifications, etc.
- Responsible for deviation management, acting as lead investigator for non-conformances, and coordinator of appropriate corrective/preventive actions.
- Creates, reviews, and updates lab documentation and NPI supporting documents.
- Provides technical support to the lab, input in services group, and cooperates with local/global key stakeholders.
- Acts as a technical system owner for (analytical) equipment.
- Acting as Subject Matter Expert during audits and inspections.
- Leads and drives continuous improvement projects.
- Role model for safety, compliance, and reliability
- Collaborates and actively contributes to a team environment both with internal team members and supervisors
To be successful in this role you have:
- Bachelor’s degree (HLO) or higher education in Life Sciences, molecular biology, or comparable
- Written and oral communication skills in English.
- Pro-active attitude, a flexible & structured personality that is able to work independently as well as in a team
- 3-5 years of experience with microbiology techniques; Bioburden, Endotoxin, Sterility, and Speciation testing.
- Analytical thinking and (technical) problem-solving ability
- GMP experience is a plus
If you meet our requirements and are interested in hearing more about our Technical Specialist Microbiology QC role, please do not hesitate to apply through the provided link today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in the Netherlands are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!