Johnson & Johnson
Associate Scientist/Analyst -LIMERICK
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
Global Clinical Release & Stability is a department of Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing Sciences - Analytical Development (PDMS-AD). The department is responsible for Tox release testing, Clinical release and stability testing for drug substance and drug product, and Stability Lifecycle management. The Clinical release & stability department in Cork, Ireland, is responsible for the analytical testing for biotechnology products.
- 12 Month Contract
- Pay Rate - €15-20 p/h (Higher Umbrella Rates are Available)
- 39 Hours per Week
- Based Onsite in Limerick
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform analytical and/or biochemical tests according to international pharmacopeial, regulatory and corporate standards in a timely and organized fashion.
- Generate data and interpret results within required due dates for release and stability.
- Perform data review.
- Keep up to date with existing and new SOP's and official documentation.
- Contribute to proper use, calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment. Perform investigations, where required, for deviations, Out-of-Specification Results etc.
- Perform sample management activities.
- Coordinate receipt and distribution of samples throughout the laboratories.
- Perform other duties as designated by Laboratory Management.
- Develop subject matter expertise on assigned analytical techniques.
- Independently write/revise SOP's or other official documentation and reports, when required.
- Execute independently assigned projects.
- Train / coach other analysts and new personnel.
- A Bachelor Degree or Masters Qualification in Chemistry, Biology or a related field with knowledge of analytics and/or stability.
- At least 2-3 years of industry experience.
- Practical analytical laboratory experience in a GMP environment is required.
- A good basic knowledge of some of the following techniques (SEC-HPLC, ELISA SDS-PAGE, Capillary SDS, Residual Moisture, pH, Turbidity and or Bioassays) is an advantage.
- A knowledge of Sample Management is an advantage.
- Experience with LIMS systems is desirable.
- High attention to detail.
- Analytical skills to troubleshoot laboratory issues are an asset.
In return for this role you will receive a very competitive hourly rate. A minimum month contract & an opportunity to work with a Global Leader within the Pharmaceutical sector, Johnson & Johnson.
Things to remember before applying for this role:
- This role is INSIDE IR35. The pay rate for this role will depend on how you are paid (PAYE or Umbrella options).
- We are looking to process the first round of applications within the next 2 working days.
- We do not accept applications via email.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Make sure you fill out your application in full, your personal CV will be used for the recruiter’s reference only, they are not sent to Hiring Managers. Ensure all relevant information is included in your application!
Thank you very much and we look forward to receiving your application.
If you would like some additional information about the role please contact: Courtney.email@example.com
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”.