Johnson & Johnson
Associate Scientist Molecular Biology - Immunology
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
We are currently recruiting an Associate Scientist to join our contingent workforce. You will be working in The Host Pathogen Immunology department of J&J in Beerse. This will be an initial contract opportunity for 1 year (start date asap), with possibility of extension!
The Host Pathogen Immunology department is a very laboratory orientated environment. They are looking for an experienced molecular biologist with a background in immunology. This will be an on site position, with the possibility of 1 day remote work.
- Working in BSL-2/3 laboratory, maintaining sterile cell cultures and setting up mouse/human T-cell assays.
- Optimize siRNA knockdown of genes of interest in cell culture and mouse models
- Extract RNA/DNA from cell and mouse tissue with Magnapure automated instrument and perform/optimize qRT-PCR analysis
- Optimize immunohistochemistry staining of cell surface markers on FFPE sections from animal tissue with automatic stainer
- Compile and critically analyze experimental data and write comprehensive reports
- Participate in bi-monthly team meetings, present generated data and actively engage in scientific discussion together with team
- Master or Bachelor degree or equivalent in laboratory science, biotechnology, biology, or similar; or equivalent experience in industry/lab/academic setting
- Ability to perform sterile/BSL-3 cell culture work is a must (incl. primary cell work)
- Molecular biology skills including qRT-PCR (probe design), cell transfections, transductions, western blot analysis, immunoprecipitation, siRNA/shRNA are desired
- Cellular immunology skills including multicolor flowcytometry, multiplex cytokine analysis (Mesoscale), ELISA are desired
- At least one year work experience in academia or pharmaceutical environment a plus
- Knowledge of immunology and drug discovery experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment is a plus
- Demonstrate the ability to design, perform, interpret, troubleshoot and report complex data
- Working proficiency in English
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously are required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people and teams are required
- Detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping skills is a must
If you meet our requirements and are interested in hearing more about our Associate Scientist role, please do not hesitate to apply through the provided link today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!