Johnson & Johnson
BE - Associate Scientist Omics Lab (Lab technician/Analyst)
The Associate Scientist will be expected to support several projects with a focus on microarray and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) applications. He/she will be responsible for sample preparation and performing the experiments in the lab ensuring optimal data is available for subsequent analysis by -omics informatics experts in the team.
Discovery Sciences is a center of excellence focused on small molecule drug discovery at Janssen R&D. Our scientists, together with a deep network of partners and collaborators, perform cutting-edge research from target & lead discovery through pre-clinical safety assessment to discover and develop transformational medicines.
Every day we use our deep scientific expertise in drug discovery and development and our integrated suite of enabling technologies, platforms and tools to advance the research portfolio of Janssen’s five Therapeutic Areas: Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Immunology, Infectious Diseases & Vaccines, Neuroscience and Oncology.
- A degree in Biochemistry, Laboratory Sciences or related disciplines.
- Experience with DNA/RNA sample preparation methods is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with micro-array and NGS associated techniques such as PCR, library preparation and target enrichment is a plus.
- Have the drive and capability to produce high quality data that can be translated into biologically meaningful information always taking care data integrity is ensured.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Team working skills are essential to enable efficient generation of lab results.
We are also open for juniors and are able to provide training on the job.
Note: This is a contracting position, with the possibility of an extension after the end date. You wil receive a contract via our partner Ausy. Ausy can offer you a contract of indefinite duration, a project contract for the duration of the assignment at J&J or a freelance contract.