Johnson & Johnson
BE - Executive Assistant
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
Currently we are looking for an Executive Assistant who will support 3 Directors in the Brussels office for Government Affairs & Policy, Europe, Middle East & Africa.
This is a long term contracting position for several years.
This role will operate under the direct supervision of Johnson & Johnson Health Policy Lead, Emerging Markets, EMEA providing administrative support to the Senior Director Alliance Development & External Affairs EMEA and Senior Director Government Affairs France.
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to three directors within the Johnson & Johnson Worldwide Government Affairs and Policy (WWGA&P) Department and will be responsible to:
- Have the highest standards of integrity and behavior when working for Johnson & Johnson
- Be the public face of the directors you support, and represent them, our WWGA&P Department, and the Company professionally and effectively in all interactions.
- Be fully aware of and current with the supervisors' responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external partners at all levels, including on confidential and critical matters.
Perform administrative tasks for directors, as requested, including:
- Calendar Administration: proactively and thoughtfully manage directors' calendars and contacts in MS Outlook; schedule business-related meetings/conferences including web-based or Global Connect, Zoom, Microsoft Teams; coordinate availability with attendees; reserve conference rooms; verify and arrange for needed equipment; organize food/catering arrangements; and proactively resolve meeting conflicts.
- Travel Coordination: organize thoughtful and efficient business-related domestic and international travel and manage logistics of travel-related activities (flight, hotel and transportation)?including application for travel different type of visas, vaccine requirements etc.
- Business Expense Reporting: collect receipts, enter expenses into expense reporting system (Concur) and maintain documentation for submitted expenses in compliance with J&J company policies.
- Procurement: Assist with preparation of agreements and contracts with outside consultants and vendors, submit purchase orders and/or check requisitions (Health Care Compliance GO-EX, ICD, eMarketplace) in compliance with J&J company policies.
- Answer phones, direct inquiries and ensure back-up coverage for the directors you support, when needed.
- Deliver an excellent visiting experience to visitors.
- Document Preparation: Draft memorandums, correspondence, and/or presentations as needed. Critically review and proofread documents.
- Appropriately handle documents and matters of a highly confidential nature with discretion.
- Master use of all technology associated with your support of the directors' roles.
- Proactively anticipate the needs of the directors you support.
- Able to handle a workload that may involve critical deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and follow-through on all assigned tasks.
- Coordinate electronic file management of documents to ensure version control and organization of files (Microsoft Teams, SharePoint).
- Assemble relevant data, compile statistics or information as directed.
- Build and maintain effective relationships and trusted partnerships with department and other internal (e.g. JnJ departments such as finance, law, HR, the business) and external stakeholders (Trade Associations, Companies, Suppliers etc.).
- Develop in-depth knowledge of department objectives, policies and procedures.
- Acquire knowledge of department organizational structure.
- Provide back-up coverage to other administrative desks in the Worldwide Government Affairs & Policy Department.
- Collaborate with administrative staff colleagues in the Brussels, Belgium office to ensure office efficiencies.
- Work on special projects, as needed.
- A certificate and/or formalized training as an administrative assistant is preferred. Bachelor's degree in office management or equivalent is a plus.
- Position requires a minimum of 3-5 years of experience serving in an administrative role at executive level.
- Fluency in oral and written English mandatory. Additional languages, especially oral Dutch or French are an asset. French or Dutch as mother tongue is a certain plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including intermediate to advanced proficiency in Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Ability to learn specialized computer software used for expense reporting, travel reservations, procurement and other applications (such as Concur, Health Care Compliance GO-EX, International Contract Database, eMarketplace, etc.).
- Prior experience with expense reporting is required.
- Experience coordinating domestic and international travel (and associated documentation), including flight, hotel and transportation, is required.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- A technologically savvy problem solver is required.
- Expertise in document preparation, redlining, and proofreading is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent attention to detail and ability to exercise both discretion and sound judgment are required.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently in the absence of supervisors, and to multitask and prioritize workload against critical deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced, multicultural, international environment is required.
- Ability to anticipate stakeholder needs without direct instruction and be proactive in addressing them is required.
- Strong organizational skills and the proven ability to prioritize work is required.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to coordinate with other administrative staff and provide support
- Direct report to Johnson & Johnson Health Policy Lead, Emerging Markets, EMEA.
- Support to 3 leaders including Senior Director Alliance Development & External Affairs EMEA and Senior Director Government Affairs France.
- Johnson & Johnson Corporate Office of Government Affairs & Policy, EMEA: De Meeûssquare 23, 1000 Brussel
- Johnson & Johnson Belgium Headquarters: Leonardo da Vincilaan 15, 1831 Machelen (Only occasionally.)
- Normally this is an on site position, but working from home until Company Policy indicates otherwise.
- This is a long term contracting position, with the possibility of an extension after the end date. You wil receive a contract via our partner Randstad Professionals. They can offer you a project contract for the duration of the assignment at J&J or a freelance contract.