Johnson & Johnson
BE - Junior Associate Scientist (Lab technician): Neurodegeneration / Neuroscience
A temporary position for an Associate Scientist / Lab technician is available in the Janssen Research & Development Neuroscience Discovery Therapeutic Area focusing on neurodegenerative diseases. Duration of the position is minimum 1 year with the potential to extend.
The candidate works as a member of a team under specific supervision and generally performs routine functions, but is responsible for organizing own time and resources in an optimal fashion. Pro-active in identifying opportunities for greater productivity/accuracy. Detail-oriented and collaborative mentality.
As part of a multidisciplinary project team, the candidate will be involved in the development of treatment strategies for Alzheimer's disease.
- Responsible for conducting research in assigned areas under direct supervision using established methodology.
- Performs assigned scientific experiments under direct supervision.
- Records all information obtained in experiments according to established procedures. Ensures that records and raw data are properly retained.
- Compiles data for interpretation by supervisor, including the use of statistical packages and standard data bases.
- Provides documentation to help supervisor with the preparation of technical reports, manuscripts, and other documents that record data or results.
- Prepares scientific drawings and diagrams.
- Keeps abreast of current scientific developments relative to own project. May attend in-house seminars and local scientific meetings in own field.
- Operates laboratory equipment, operates analytical and other instruments considered standard in own area of expertise.
- Knowledge of cell culture techniques. Ideally related to cells derived from Central Nervous System.
- Knowledge of biochemical methodologies with focus on ELISA / MSD.
- Experience in animal handling and holding a FELASA certificate is a plus.
Note: This is a contracting position, with the possibility of an extension after the end date. You wil receive a contract via our partner Ausy. Ausy can offer you a contract of indefinite duration, a project contract for the duration of the assignment at J&J or a freelance contract.