Johnson & Johnson
BE - Junior Data Manager - Drug Discovery
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, customer-oriented data-savvy scientist or an IT professional with a scientific background to support the scientists on additional data flow related topics in their daily work.
Discovery Sciences (DS) is a global organization that enables small molecule discovery for Janssen R&D, including functions such as medicinal chemistry, assay development, high throughput screening, compound profiling and computational sciences.
The Data Operations team in DS is embedded in the scientific organization and is supporting the data generators through the different data handling apps and processes, enabling standardization, global alignment, and process efficiency.
The team is also closely interacting with the data consumers, enabling timely, data driven decisions by providing integrated project data views. Finally, the team is partnering with R&D IT to optimize the data landscape.
To fully enable our base business data management support activities to both data generators and data consumers, we are looking for someone to provide (on-site) support for key data systems, facilitate onboarding of new users, improve standardization and compliance with internal guidelines. This will involve working with scientists, internal Data Operations experts, and IT professionals, to implement and maintain efficient data flows.
- Gain in depth knowledge of key data apps, such as Genedata Screener (data processing and analysis) and Biovia-ELN.
- Become an expert in data warehouse in- and outflow, assist users with data flow related questions.
- Collaborate with IT to troubleshoot and resolve user issues with these data apps and data flows.
- Onboard new users for key data apps, support onboarding of new groups and new assays.
- Support scientific data flows from raw data processing and analysis to experiment reporting.
- Collaborate with the scientists to upload all data in the discovery data warehouse, enabling data FAIRification.
- Partner with internal experts and IT professionals to bring solutions for complex data management problems.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Chemistry, Biology or a science related discipline.
- A first experience or relevant industry experience in drug discovery is preferred. But we are also open for motivated juniors!
- Familiarity with data collection, managing datasets, understanding of data processing and analysis workflows, is required.
- Experience in working at the interface between electronic data systems and lab scientists, is preferred.
- Working knowledge of data integration and warehousing is preferred.
- Understanding of master data management principles and processes is preferred.
- Experience with the Janssen discovery data warehouse (ABCD) and related tools (3DX, IVR) is preferred.
- Experience with Genedata Screener or other dose response fitting software is preferred.
- Experience with Biovia-ELN or other Electronic Lab Notebook software is preferred.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills, team player.
- Ability to independently plan, organize, coordinate and execute assigned tasks.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Big picture oriented with attention to details.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible working hours.
- Currently you will work remotely because of COVID-19. After COVID-19 you are expected to come on-site 1 day per week.
- This is a contracting position, with the possibility of an extension after the end date. You will receive a contract via our partner Ausy. Ausy can offer you a contract of indefinite duration or a project contract for the duration of the assignment at J&J.