Johnson & Johnson
Category Development Manager
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Externally focused role with assigned categories and customer responsibilities.
- Responsible for up to £30m NTS and management of 1 strategic account
- Leverage data sources to provide compelling insights ongoing as the category and shopper expert.
- Lead the end-to-end range review process with our customers.
- Responsible for J&J distribution and shelf presence.
- Provide thought leadership in given customers and categories to deliver category growth. Leading customer specific JVC projects.
- Manage key stakeholders: retail partners, customer team, shopper insights.
- Up to 50% Travel within UK for Customer Visits where applicable.
Maximising Shelf Presence
- Analyse and make recommendations for all category distribution/space changes in retailer range reviews based on shopper understanding, sales performance, retailer data, SKU profitability, shopper decision trees, incrementality and substitutability.
- Ensure all proposals are in line with the distribution, shelf and merchandising principles that meet shopper needs and optimise the assortment leading to enhanced sales for the retailer and J&J.
- Set objectives for all range reviews in conjunction with CD and perfect store team. Own the external alignment to changes and take responsibility for excellent delivery.
- Develop range/assortment recommendations that enable fast distribution and high-quality visibility of NPI both in store and online.
- Utilise planogramming software to create and present fully tailored planograms detailing the proposed range review recommendations.
- Partner with customers in merchandising centres to secure optimum results.
- Demonstrate category expertise by providing ongoing insight on performance, trends, and opportunities for the retailer.
- Engage customers on the J& category strategy to provide transparency on where J&J see growth potential and work to develop retailer specific tactical action plan.
- Provide actionable insights and practical distribution, shelf and merchandising solutions at the point of purchase to meet shopper expectations, grow category sales and gain competitive advantage.
- Ensure all external contact has a compelling insight at its heart with a clear ‘so what’ and a tangible action.
- Develop strong working relationships with your customer by becoming the category authority and offering advice that supports the total category business.
- Work with target retailers to develop category partnerships and/or to unlock JVC opportunities for the business.
- Determine the optimal contact strategy externally to win with our retailers – at a minimum wiring into buyers and merchandisers for your categories.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of retailer’s strategies, opportunities and challenges and look to align to and/or address these with any proposals made.
- Lead customer specific projects that are unlocked through retailer partnership, e g. fixturisation project, store trials, fixture of the future.
- FMCG experience working across at least one of the following channels: Grocery, High Street and Pharmacy Channels.
- Proven track record in Category Development – range reviews & category strategy implementation with tangible examples of positive results.
- Degree level educated or equivalent
- Strong IT and Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and proactively identify issues / opportunities and recommend actions
- Proficient spoken and written use of the English Language
- Up to 50% Travel within UK for Customer Visits where applicable
In return for this role you will receive a very competitive hourly rate. A minimum 9 month contract & an opportunity to work with a Global Leader within the Pharmaceutical sector, Johnson & Johnson.
Things to remember before applying for this role:
- Up to £22.50 p/h
- Initially for 6 months
- Hybrid - 2 - 3 days at home / office
- Travelling within the UK may be required
- This role is Inside IR35. The pay rate for this role will depend on how you are paid (PAYE or Umbrella options).
- We are looking to process the first round of applications within the next 2 working days.
- We do not accept applications via email.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Make sure you fill out your application in full, your personal CV will be used for the recruiter’s reference only, they are not sent to Hiring Managers. Ensure all relevant information is included in your application!
Thank you very much and we look forward to receiving your application.
If you would like some additional information about the role please contact:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”.