Johnson & Johnson
Customer Development Manager - High Wycombe/Remote
Customer Development Manager - High Wycombe/Remote
This role is based in High Wycombe and we would ideally like someone who can work Hybrid, visiting site once or twice a week. However, we may also consider fully remote candidates. You must be UK based though.
Ideally, we would also like someone full-time but will also consider part-time for the right individual.
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. Our Family of Companies comprises: The world’s premier consumer health company. The world’s largest and most diverse medical devices company. The world’s third-largest biologics company. And the world’s sixth-largest pharmaceuticals company. We have more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing 120,200 people.
We have achieved consistent growth and our breakthrough plans make this a great place to further your career.
The hair care business, formally known as ‘Vogue international’ was acquired by Johnson and Johnson’s Consumer Healthcare division back in 2016 and own the OGX, Maui Moisture and Aveeno hair care brands. We began our journey over 3 decades ago, deeply enriched as a “start-up” and remain one today. We are empowered teams that work to continually challenge the traditional ways of working. Our passion is for innovation, enabled by smarter processes to bring WOW moments to shelf with new products.
Johnson and Johnson is recruiting for a Customer Development Manager within the haircare category located in High Wycombe/Maidenhead
Opportunity to work within the fast-paced Hair care team helping to support and cement growth for the OGX, Maui Moisture and Aveeno haircare brands. Working within a team of 8 in the UK, the successful applicant will gain exposure to all areas of an FMCG business including sales, operations, and marketing.
The hair team within the JNJ business epitomizes the #StartUpMentality, requiring someone with the energy and drive to manage business critical accounts that will help us deliver our stretching growth targets.
Joining the commercial team of 4, the Customer Development Manager role requires someone who can build and deliver market leading commercial plans across 3-4 retail accounts with the aim of driving long term, sustainable growth for both J&J and our retail partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development and implementation of commercial strategies and projects to deliver J&J’s growth agenda; including NPD sell ins, promotional activity, ranging recommendations and activations instore and online
- Manage a portfolio of retail partners, developing, negotiating, and optimising joint commercial plans
- Managing internal financial activity, building and adapting demand forecasts, and reporting on brand performance
- Reporting on customer performance, managing customer P&Ls and monitoring weekly sales growth
- Build collaborative relationships at multiple levels within retailer partners
- Passion for the consumer and the shopper – you will have experience of working in commercial sales, and/or category roles
- Specialist understanding and experience of working with the UK high street (grocery, drug stores and e-commerce).
- A track record of delivering strong commercial performance (both in sales /profitability and market share), as well as experience in JBP negotiations, retailer trading terms, NPD sell ins and building annual trade plans
- Category and insight led approach to shaping business plans and identifying areas of opportunity to bring value for both the customer and J&J
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal and presentation, with an ability to influence a diverse group of partners
- Adaptable to evolving business conditions
- If you are someone that loves building relationships, thrives off having a high level of autonomy, is results driven and inventive, then this is the right role for you.
Key Contact points for this role;
- The J&J Hair Team – commercial, marketing, category
- Retailer commercial, supply and marketing teams
- Regional and global teams
- Local GSI, Supply, Finance business partners
In return for this role you will receive a very competitive hourly rate. A minimum 12 month contract & an opportunity to work with a Global Leader within the Pharmaceutical sector, Johnson & Johnson.
Things to remember before applying for this role:
- This role is INSIDE IR35. The pay rate for this role will depend on how you are paid (PAYE or Umbrella options).
- We are looking to process the first round of applications within the next 2 working days.
- We do not accept applications via email.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Make sure you fill out your application in full, your personal CV will be used for the recruiter’s reference only, they are not sent to Hiring Managers. Ensure all relevant information is included in your application!
Thank you very much and we look forward to receiving your application.
If you would like some additional information about the role please contact: Tabitha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”.