Johnson & Johnson
Data Engineer (Finance Supply Chain)
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
We are currently recruiting a Data Engineer to join our contingent workforce on a growing team in charge of analytics and automation within the global Finance Hospital Medical Devices PIC (Principal, Inventory & Costing) CoE at Depuy Synthes, Ringaskiddy. This will be an initial contract opportunity until November 30th 2021.
About DePuy Synthes:
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative, and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services, and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
In the era of modern finance, analytics and automation is becoming a "must have". You will join a growing team in charge of those two areas within the global Finance Hospital Medical Devices PIC (Principal, Inventory & Costing) CoE. Driving efficiencies, generating insights, and enabling finance SMEs to create add value through new technologies is at the core of the Finance Automation & Analytics group. As part of the Automation & Analytics team you will work with Business Analysts and Data Scientists to take their innovative concepts and further them into scalable products that enable insights & business benefits across over 10 sub franchises enabling all facets of the business to make more data driven decisions which will in turn drive business benefits.
As a Data Engineer (Finance Supply Chain), you will be a key member of the Automation & Analytics team, leveraging your knowledge to extract, transform & load data from a wide variety of systems using the MS Azure infrastructure, implement processes to ensure data accuracy & integrity, productionize Machine Learning projects and use your project management skills to grow a data-centric culture, as well as scope and design new solutions to transform business challenges into finance D&A opportunities.
This role requires strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management. You are someone who thrives in a diverse and global team-oriented environment, working with various finance groups, external partners, and IT teams to develop insights that drive business benefits.
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Relevant work experience as a data engineer
- You have an innovative mindset and hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure platform or equivalent PaaS
- Experience with machine learning processes
- Hands-on experience with data processing tools/platforms/languages such as (Py)Spark, SQL, Hadoop etc
- Proficiency with SQL and experience with one or more DB query clients (e.g. MySQL)
- Experience working with a variety of data formats
- Experience in performing data quality investigation, and presentation of findings, to key stakeholders
- Experience of working on the delivery of projects involving multiple stakeholders across different geographical locations with a significant amount of uncertainty
- Strong interest in analytics and technology
- Problem-solving aptitude
Other Relevant Information:
- Master's or PhD degree in a quantitative field such as Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics.
- Experience working with large and multiple data sets/data warehouses and ability to pull from such data sets using relevant programs and coding
- Experience ingesting data from APIs
- Ability in identifying business opportunities and defining and measuring success of proposed initiatives.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments under time pressure.
- Good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple and diverse stakeholders across businesses and leadership levels.
- Experience using Jenkins (CI/CD)
- Experience using Jira
- Experience working with a Finance department in working with D&A projects
If you meet our requirements and are interested in hearing more about our Data Engineer role, please do not hesitate to apply through the provided link today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!