Johnson & Johnson
Data Privacy Specialist
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
We are currently looking for a Privacy Specialist
How long: until Jan 24, 2022
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We believe in collaboration, and that has led to breakthrough after breakthrough, from medical miracles that have changed lives, to the simple consumer products that make every day a little better. Over 125,000 employees in 60 countries are united in a common mission: To help people everywhere live longer, healthier, happier lives.
As Privacy Specialist for UK & Ireland, you will assist the UKI Privacy team with the implementation and management of the Johnson & Johnson Privacy compliance program for UK and Ireland Pharmaceuticals, Consumer and Medical Device businesses and companies, as well as manufacturing, supply chain, and R&D operations.
- Assist the UKI Privacy Team in ensuring that data protection risks are identified and personal information processing activities by all relevant local Johnson & Johnson companies and businesses comply with Johnson & Johnson Privacy principles and applicable Privacy laws and regulations, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and national regulations or applicable codes of conduct/guidance
- Liaises with business process owners, to build an understanding of Privacy risks related to their personal information processing activities and provides advice on how to mitigate these risks, by embedding Privacy into the design of business processes.
- Assist with rolling out Privacy training in accordance with the agreed training plan in all relevant local business operations. Develops local training content and awareness programs for employees and contractors, where needed.
- Provides general assistance with the management of any contract and vendor remediation projects by partnering with cross-sector stakeholders, including IT, Business, Legal, HR, and other third parties.
- Assists business process owners with self-assessments, identifying and documenting privacy risks, including remediation and mitigation plans where appropriate
- Helps to Manage requests for access and correction of personal information or complaints against the organization, under the guidance of the Senior Privacy Manager.
- Helps manage the response to local Privacy incidents, under the guidance of the Senior Privacy Manager and in close collaboration with the Global Privacy Team, IT Security, Law Department, and relevant business process owners, and monitors the execution of resulting remediation action plans.
Experience / Qualification / Skills
- Broad understanding of applicable European and local Privacy laws and regulations
- Good working knowledge of common IT systems, processes and information security practices
- Experience of working in a matrix environment within a large multinational corporation
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of quality, compliance, and accountability when advising the business
- Demonstrable ability to engage with a range of business units and functions and uncover their objectives and needs
- Ability to translate a wide variety of principles and, sometimes complex, legal requirements into actionable solutions for the business
- Excellent organizational, facilitation, communication, and presentation skills
- Global mindset and preparedness to incorporate global standards and practices, for consistency and efficiency reasons
- Ability to work autonomously
What we are about?
Johnson & Johnson are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.