Johnson & Johnson
Finance Manager - Pinewood
Cluster Finance Manager - Pinewood Wokingham (remote working to begin with then 2 to 3 days a week in the office)
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson employs more than 2000 employees in key service centres across the globe in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.
We are looking for a Face of Global Services and Financial Accounting Lead for the Business Unit and FP&A CoE (US GAAP). The successful candidate will be a member of the local Financial Directors’s leadership team.
You will be accountable to ensure timely, compliant and accurate completion of activities supporting financial close and reporting, including:
- Review of actuals for accuracy and reasonableness based on business and finance knowledge
- Leading end-to-end close process in accordance with Standard Integrated Close Calendar
- Responsible for coordinating and facilitating pre-close meetings, quarterly balance sheet reviews and financial statement reviews:
- BVA creation, alignment and coordination for commentary and approval
- Leading the review process to ensure that the quarterly variance commentary vs. forecast and prior year appropriately reflects the results and that the financial results are accurately reflected for BVA
- Responsible for executing BRAVO approval for 'actuals' submissions and second level journal approvals.
- Foster an environment of teamwork, innovation and sharing of ideas
- Influence and work closely with BUF and A2R colleagues to work on joint goals and objectives
- Lead, be part of GS process improvement and other projects
- Provide support to resolve escalated A2R issues
- Ensure strong internal controls are in place, in order to achieve “adequate” internal and external audit ratings.
- Fully qualified accountant or an international qualified accountant equivalent, with a minimum of 5- 10 years post qualified financial experience
- Fluent English, confidence in presenting to Senior Management in English
- Other languages of EMEA countries preferred but not required
Other Experience Required:
- 5 – 10 years job experience in different Finance Functions
- US GAAP reporting experience
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Proven business partnering skills
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Solid US GAAP accounting knowledge
- Strong analytical skills
- Up to 30% to local markets
- Within the J&J Leadership skills definition following skills and competencies should be shown in this role:
- Results & Performance Driven:
- Takes personal responsibility for delivering results
- Eagerly accepts stretch goals
Sense of Urgency:
- Quickly assimilates and digests information
- Demonstrates a clear bias for action on priorities
- Strategic Thinking & Big Picture Orientation:
- Demonstrates understanding of Johnson & Johnson’s and the local operating company’s business model
- Works to keep updated on the industry trends
- Seeks opportunities to learn and grow professionally
- Organisation & Talent Development:
- Shows an appreciation for the talent and potential in others
- Accepts responsibility for and learns from his/her own mistakes
- Works effectively with people that have diverse styles, talents, and ideas
Collaboration & Teaming:
- Builds strong, productive relationships
- Develops business and personal relationships with people from other areas of the organisation
- Demonstrates ability to work with teams and individual
In return for this role you will receive a very competitive day/hourly rate. A minimum 12 month contract & an opportunity to work with a Global Leader within the Pharmaceutical sector, Johnson & Johnson.
Please note: Hourly rate will depend on how you are paid for this role.
Up to £55 per hour/£412 per day for Umbrella or up to £44 per hour/£330 per day PAYE
Based on a 7.5 hour working day
If you are interested in this role please apply now, or for more information contact Tabitha.Crabtree@randstadsourceright.co.uk
Please Note: Applications for this role will close Friday so be quick!