Johnson & Johnson
Financial Accountant (Spanish/German)
Financial Accountant (Spanish/German)
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
We are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant, with intermediate to fluent Spanish or German to join our contingent workforce at the AMO site, based in Westport, Co. Mayo. This will initially be a 12 month contract opportunity.
As a Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for delivering accurate and timely financial information from the point of transaction through to financial close and periodic external reporting (monthly, quarterly, and annually).
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of general accounting experience, hold a professional accounting qualification (CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA), and be an intermediate/fluent Spanish or German speaker.
What will a Financial Accountant do?
Be responsible for delivery of the general accounting processes and activities of the Shared Service organisation including individual, shared service and outsourced activities. Activities will include:
Preparation of all statutory books in compliance with local statutory requirements for assigned entities
- Check that all entries are in line with the Local GAAP and maintain the local chart of accounts
- Analyze all accounts and prepare monthly and year-end entries for statutory requirements as appropriate
- Prepare reconciliations for fiscal purposes; keep updated local fixed assets register.
- Prepare reconciliation between local and US GAAP for all entities
- Prepare statutory books and annual reports for assigned entities.
Ensure compliance with VAT, tax and fiscal requirements.
- Prepare and submit VAT & Intrastat returns, prepare payments, print mandatory books
- Work with the VAT department to ensure the integrity of the VAT records.
- Responsible for calculation of income taxes and tax submissions
- Ensure that all other local taxes are paid on time
- Preparation of deferred tax statements
- Perform all monthly intercompany cross charges & ensure supporting backup is in place & invoices are generated for all charges.
- Responsible for ensuring all documents are available for a tax inspection including AP invoices, VAT returns, statutory accounts, Tax fillings, Tax payments, Tax reconciliations, communications etc. All documents easily retrievable from local archive
Preparation of US GAAP accounts and month end close.
- Review of the monthly US GAAP accounts in conjunction with our outsourcing partner
- Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations review
- Ensure accurate and timely month end close and corporate reporting
- Carry out month end review to ensure accuracy & correctness of month end accounts in line with Fiscal requirements.
Prepare all the info requested by internal and external Auditors
- Compile information packs required for audit process including detailed analytical review and account analysis
- Calculate detailed tax provisions in accordance with local requirements
- Represent the local entities at audit meetings & in dealing with any ad-hoc requests that may be required.
- Ensure efficiency & timeliness in the provision of any information to the outsourcing company, if relevant.
- Prepare information for & co-ordinate with outsourcing arrangements in respect of local external audits.
You will also liaise with local management, acting as a representative for Finance for the legal entity. You will participate in process improvement reviews across Business Unit Finance, Global Service and outsourced teams as a part of continuous improvement activities and support data integrity and preparation of financial information to ensure completeness, accuracy, timeliness and accessibility of financial information.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Minimum Language Skills: English required with strong oral and written Spanish/German skills desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance and accounting, preferred
- Qualified Accountant – CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- 3-5 years of general accounting experience in a complex global Shared Services environment
- Demonstrated capability to understand accounting outcomes and explain US GAAP accounting treatment, utilizing excellent English language skills
- Demonstrated capability of completing VAT reporting requirements
- SAP or other ERP System experience
- Process excellence experience
If you believe this may be an interesting opportunity through which you can progress your career - apply today, or get in touch for more information on this exciting Financial Accountant position!