Johnson & Johnson
Internal Communications Manager - High Wycombe (Hybrid)
Internal Communications & Employee Engagement Manager - High Wycombe (Hybrid)
This role is a Hybrid role with flexibility, but you will be required to visit the site twice a week.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson are uniquely positioned and privileged to make a positive difference to the lives of patients and their loved ones, at all stages of life.
Headquartered in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, we employ over 400 dedicated individuals across the UK who envision a world where the most daunting diseases aren't just treated- they are predicted, pre-empted and stopped in their tracks.
Building on over 100 years of scientific heritage and a pioneering history of firsts, today we focus on areas of medicine where we can make the biggest difference:
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Infectious Diseases and Vaccines
- Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases
- To develop and implement an Internal Engagement strategy which aligns our people behind our company vision and mission instils purpose and commitment and inspires employees to innovate, be competitive and exceed expectations.
- To lead internal engagement and communications activity within the Janssen Communications & Public Affairs team and provide strategic counsel across the business in this area, including the senior leadership team.
- To drive Janssen’s UK business by ensuring our employees are aligned behind the business's strategic objectives and focused and motivated to contribute their part to our business and reputational growth
- To inform employees about the direction of the business, its objectives and its priorities
- To be a trusted advisor to business leaders, providing counsel, support and coaching as appropriate
- To connect and create greater visibility between company management and employees
- To liaise closely with Communications & Public Affairs colleagues to ensure alignment with public affairs, corporate leadership and brand acceleration strategies, and to co-lead projects where required.
Key role activities:
Internal Communications & Engagement
- Develop and implement the Internal Engagement strategy.
- Become recognised as the Communications/PA lead for all matters related to Internal Communication & Engagement:
- Regular provision of updates on Internal Engagement progress
- Provision of insight and strategic counsel to business partners
- Building and strengthening relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Close alignment with Management Committee/Commercial Leads/Business Unit Directors to ensure Internal Engagement strategy continues to meet business needs.
- Responsible for the overall coordination and content development for large-scale internal engagement events, including;
- the annual company Kick Off
- People Leaders Meetings (Leadership Dialogues or similar)
- Company Updates/Town Halls
- Responsible for maintaining and updating internal email and digital communication platforms and tools, including:
- the UK area of the Janssen intranet site (HOME)
- the Janssen UK HUB SharePoint), working in close partnership with the UK IT team
- the all-employee Janssen UK Hub newsletter
- The Janssen UK podcast channel
- Provide communications planning and delivery to support: local and enterprise-wide change programmes, corporate initiatives, and wider cross-sector communications (in partnership with other parts of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies)
- Communications lead for annual employee survey and engagement plan (with HR).
- Evaluate EMEA engagement programmes for best fit with UK business needs and tailor and implement where appropriate.
- Take an active role in EMEA Internal Engagement planning to ensure Janssen UK has a leadership role in shaping internal campaigns and programmes.
- Develop, manage and measure traditional and digital communications channels (e.g. Chatter) to drive effective two-way communications and engagement, in close alignment with lead for Corporate Communications.
- Responsible for leading on Managing Director and Management Committee communication with employees (e.g. quarterly Company Update town hall meetings and regular email updates).
- Provide regular status updates to Director, Communications & Public Affairs.
- Support development of Comms/PA updates to Management Committee.
- Benchmark activity with appropriate metrics and evaluate success on a quarterly basis or as appropriate (quantitative and qualitative evaluation).
- Manage local internal communications and engagement budget.
- Work closely with a range of suppliers.
Key Line Management Activities (when required):
- The appointed candidate should coach/mentor other members of the Communications & Public Affairs team and share thinking and best practice to upskill the wider team on Internal Communication & Engagement.
Key Compliance Requirements
- Complete annual Drug Safety, ABPI and HCC Awareness training
- Report Adverse Events and complaints in a timely way to Drug Safety according to current Adverse Event Reporting guidelines/SOP and to maintain Regulatory compliance
- Act in accordance with ABPI Code of Practice and Johnson & Johnson HCC requirements
- If commissioning contractors or third-party organisations, put contracts in place and provide training so that these individuals also act in accordance with Johnson & Johnson HCC requirements when interacting with Healthcare Professionals and report adverse events and complaints (as above).
- Complies with designated SOPs for the role
Skills, Knowledge and experience requirements:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in internal communications for a large corporate or public sector organisation. Not essential (We will consider more junior candidates for this role).
- Degree level or equivalent communications qualification would be desirable, but not essential
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels in the business
- Ability to identify and mitigate reputational risk in relation to communications activity
- Experience of working in the pharmaceutical/healthcare sector is desirable.
- High level of understanding of the ABPI Code of Practice and Health Care Compliance.
- Strong technical competencies relevant to Internal Engagement
- Experience of managing large-scale internal events
- Familiarity or experience working in large, complex corporate environments
- Ability to translate complex scientific data into communications materials
- Knowledge of new models of internal communication including digital and strategic engagement.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and tact when dealing with confidential/sensitive information
- Experience in benchmarking results and setting appropriate evaluation metrics.
- Excellent communication skills: written & verbal
- Customer focused
- Commercial/business acumen
- Cross-functional team working
- Negotiating / influencing skills
- Project management skills
- Flexibility and ability to prioritise
- Results driven with a focus on delivery to tight timelines
- Strategic focus and leadership
- Self-motivation and self-awareness
In return for this role, you will receive a very competitive hourly rate. A minimum 6-month contract & an opportunity to work with a Global Leader within the Pharmaceutical sector, Johnson & Johnson.
Things to remember before applying for this role:
- We are looking to process the first round of applications within the next 2 working days.
- We do not accept applications via email.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Make sure you fill out your application in full, your personal CV will be used for the recruiter’s reference only, they are not sent to Hiring Managers. Ensure all relevant information is included in your application!
Thank you very much and we look forward to receiving your application.
If you would like some additional information about the role please contact: Tabitha.email@example.com
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”.