Johnson & Johnson
IPV Case Management Specialist
IPV Case Management Specialist
12 month contract
PAYE £30 per hour
Umbrella £39.64 per hour
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
The International Pharmacovigilance (IPV) Case Management Specialist is to;
- Ensuring Individual Case Safety Report (ICSR) case processing and related activities are carried out to enable compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, company procedures, at a local/regional level or global level, and in compliance with provisions of PV agreements with business partners.
- The scope of support is primarily focused on countries. The role holder may be expected to support and ensure case management and related activities for other countries within the EMEA Region (centralized case management) are carried out in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
INBOUND & OUTBOUND ICSR CASE MANAGEMENT
- Receipt, assessment and processing of incoming safety information from multiple sources, both internal and external to the Company.
- Enter relevant/required safety data into the Global Inbound Receipt System (GIRS) from spontaneous, clinical trials and other solicited sources.
- Provision of safety information/acknowledgements to marketing partners/other third-party partners/Global Medical Safety within the internal and contractual timelines.
- Data entry for complex cases (seek support from senior specialist as applicable)
- Performing follow-up for requesting additional information from multiple sources.
- Assist in the quality review of data captured in the GIRS as applicable
- Verify and ensure translation of safety information, if applicable.
- Continual monitoring, assessing the reportability of ICSRs due for regulatory reporting, and submitting to respective Competent Authorities (CAs) / Business Partners (BPs), as applicable.
- Enable mechanisms to support LSO oversight for case management activities as applicable. e.g. escalation non-conformance in a timely manner.
- Liaise with applicable stakeholder to support case processing requirements for Medical device vigilance, materiovigilance, or cosmetovigilance (as applicable).
- Support timely submission of aggregate safety reports (e.g. DSUR, PSUR etc. applicable) to applicable health authorities, in collaboration with local medical safety input (as applicable).
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of deviations to process/timelines, including root cause analysis and documentation of Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPAs) as applicable.
AUDIT / INSPECTION PREPARATION AND SUPPORT
- Support the LSO, in matters pertaining to audit or inspection preparation or conduct.
- Ensure and support other case management related activities such as:
- Vendor training, on-going vendor support on a case level (daily or as required), case review, and vendor oversight (daily or as required)
- Local literature screening for ICSRs and potential safety signals (in consultation with local medical safety as needed).
- Periodic reconciliation activities
- Support IPV Case Management Team Lead / LSO in responding to ad hoc requests (e.g. regulatory authority requests) as required.
- Support case management related innovation roll-out, in collaboration with the IPV Case Management Regional and Team leads
- Support the coordination and process standardization efforts to
- cross-country collaboration with regards to case management activities, as applicable
- Write or review ICSR related procedural documents and local memo implementation as applicable.
- Support critical project works
- A degree in life, health or pharmaceutical sciences is preferred.
- Proficiency in Medical terminology (local languages).
- Familiarity with global ICSR related global, regional and local PV procedural documents as applicable.
- Computer literate with expert knowledge of the Intake (GIRS) and/or expedited reporting (OST) module(s)
- Ability to prioritize and work to strict timelines daily
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in local (if applicable) and English language required
- Ability to negotiate and communicate with internal and external customers
- Knowledge and understanding of key legislation applicable to pharmacovigilance
- Proven expertise and experience in pharmaceutical regulations and R&D processes is desirable
In return for this role you will receive a very competitive hourly rate. A minimum 12 month contract & an opportunity to work with a Global Leader within the Pharmaceutical sector, Johnson & Johnson.
Things to remember before applying for this role:
- This role is INSIDE IR35. The pay rate for this role will depend on how you are paid (PAYE or Umbrella options).
- We are looking to process the first round of applications within the next 2 working days.
- We do not accept applications via email.