Johnson & Johnson
Maintenance Technician - Cork, Ireland
Maintenance Technician - Cork, Ireland
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
Reporting to the Maintenance co-ordinator the maintenance technicians will be responsible for the hands-on maintenance and calibration of manufacturing equipment and the hands-on operation, maintenance and calibration of utility and facility equipment. Working within Manufacturing process teams, the maintenance technicians will form part of the overall site goal of maximizing asset performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible and accountable for the safe accomplishment of all activities within the manufacturing process team, whilst following all statutory, environmental, regulatory (cGMP), corporate site and department practices and procedures.
- Reporting any EHS incidents and/or near misses.
- Developing and looking after the maintenance and calibration workshops, ensuring housekeeping standards are constantly met.
- Ensuring that housekeeping standards in the entire facility are maintained to a very high standard.
- Electrical/Mechanical Isolation of equipment to ensure equipment is safe to work on.
- Providing 24 hour, 7 day on-site maintenance and utilities cover (including all bank holidays), as required.
- Providing on-call cover as required.
- Carrying out all routine and non-routine tasks as per manufacturing process team schedule.
- Supporting maintenance process team activities, as per maintenance schedule.
- Repairing equipment malfunctions (mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, automation, civil).
- Executing site preventive maintenance routines.
- Assisting in construction, commissioning and qualification of equipment.
- Developing maintenance procedures and equipment files. Assisting with generation, review and revision of maintenance documentation as necessary.
- Selecting of appropriate spare parts to ensure maximum availability of equipment.
- Operating all site utilities and facilities equipment safely and efficiently, whilst maximizing uptime.
- Collecting and analysing equipment data to report on equipment performance.
- Assisting with rolling shutdown preparation and execution.
- Assisting Engineering in executing projects.
- Managing maintenance contracts and working with/supporting contractors.
- Training other process team members in maintenance procedures and techniques, as required.
- Assisting in maintenance stores operations, as required.
- Assisting in other process team operations, as required.
Planning and Control
- Planning and scheduling work as required.
- Executing the maintenance plan.
- Preparing and maintaining all calibration documentation (Instrument lists, calibration procedures, equipment files, calibration certificates, etc.) in compliance with cGMP (FDA and IMB) regulatory requirements.
- Calibration of instrumentation.
- Operating all site utilities to required cGMP standards (USP, EU, etc.).
- Maintaining all equipment to cGMP standards.
- Maintaining timely, consistent and precise records of all maintenance work done on the CMMS – SAP.
- Completing all documentation in compliance with site procedures and GDP.
- Reporting non conformances and deviations promptly to the management to ensure compliance with EHS and GMP requirements.
- Ensuring that personal training requirements are completed in compliance with site procedures.
- Supporting investigation and resolution of problems.
- Familiarization with and adoption of ME2 and maintenance best practices at all times.
- Traveling to other Centocor, GBSC and J&J sites for training/meetings/projects as required.
- Undertaking training to keep skills up to date.
- Participate in process teams as necessary to support site goals.
- Be familiar with daily activities in all areas of maintenance and manufacturing.
- Facilitate an environment of continuous improvement.
- Participate in investigations in work area as necessary.
- Support training of other technicians.
- Collaboration and teamwork.
- Initiative and motivation.
- Share ideas and suggestions for improvement and encourage others to do the same.
- Trades qualified, or have a Diploma or higher award in Engineering and Instrumentation and Physics.
- Scientific or technical qualification in either mechanical, electrical, instrumentation & controls, utilities engineering.
- Maintenance experience within a GMP regulated environment.
- Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of Delta V, PLC and SCADA systems
- Experience of SAP.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate as part of a team.
- Customer focus.
- Mechanical/Electrical/Instrument/Utilities aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Results and performance driven.
- Adaptable and flexible.
In return for this role you will receive a very competitive hourly rate. A minimum 12 month contract & an opportunity to work with a Global Leader within the Pharmaceutical sector, Johnson & Johnson.
Things to remember before applying for this role:
- We are looking to process the first round of applications within the next 2 working days.
- We do not accept applications via email.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Make sure you fill out your application in full, your personal CV will be used for the recruiter’s reference only, they are not sent to Hiring Managers. Ensure all relevant information is included in your application!
Thank you very much and we look forward to receiving your application.
If you would like some additional information about the role please contact: Tabitha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”.