Johnson & Johnson
NL - Laboratory Assistant Scientist
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
We are looking for an Assistant Scientist who will help us to develop safe, efficacious and stable formulations for our vaccine market launches. You will be part of the Drug Product Development department. You will work closely with colleagues from Formulation Development, Processing Development and the Analytical Laboratory in the execution of development studies.
The Assistant Scientist performs day-to-day lab activities and executes experimental and analytical tasks according to plan or procedure. Furthermore, you are encouraged to optimize existing techniques, processes and systems.
- Executes practical part of a study.
- Validates, submits data and outcomes to scientist.
- Involved in discussions on next steps.
- Operates current laboratory equipment and instruments.
- May place orders for laboratory equipment in purchasing systems.
- Adheres to laboratory safety and standard procedures.
- Supports accurate record keeping of experimental data using the electronic lab journal.
- Interprets and carries out data verification for studies.
- As technical owner, recommends the best experimental set up to reach the study objective.
- Manages sample flow (incoming, storage and disposal).
- Conveys basic messages related to assigned tasks with guidance through written and verbal communication.
- Majority of interaction with immediate supervisor and other peers in the team.
- B.Sc. degree in an appropriate field or a MLO degree with 4 years of shown experience.
- Fluency in English
- Experience with (vaccine) formulation development and BSL2 is an advantage, as is a solid understanding of quality systems, like GMP, and data analysis tools.
- Preferably you have knowledge of UPLC, PCR and light diffraction techniques.
- Can-do state of mind, positive attitude, problem-solving capabilities.
- Flexible, accurate, and enjoys working in a team.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you a place in a young, ambitious and international team of people who are passioned about being part of the solution to many challenging programs, like the current Covid pandemic. We give you space to grow through our extensive training program, which is not only based on the science, but also on other competencies.
- You will work on-site in Leiden.
- This is a contracting position, with the possibility of an extension after the end date. You will receive a contract via our partner YACHT. They can offer you a contract for the duration of the assignment at J&J, a one year contract or a freelance contract (ZZP).