Johnson & Johnson
Packaging Engineer - Blackpool, UK
Packaging Engineer - Blackpool, England
Full Time (37 hours per week)
This role is site-based for at least 2/3 days per week with the rest of the time being home based.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
Do you have the following Technical Skills? If so, we would love to hear from you!
- Packaging audit experience
- Packaging Validation experience
- Experience working to the following standards:
- An understanding of continuous improvement for manufacturing
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to Communicate effectively
Summary of position:
We are looking for a Technical specialist to lead, deliver and support all internal and, where required, external manufacturing packaging requirements, for Blackpool and Leeds site activities.
The post holder will lead on the development of packaging solutions on new and existing processes and packaging design concepts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To support the product lifecycle management processes for packaging on site
Input into new product development with respect to packaging and artwork issues, to ensure timely introduction into production, and that they are operationally cost effective.
- Input into new packaging process review and optimisation.
- Input into new packaging machinery and equipment purchases, investigating new technologies for existing processes.
- Control and direct manufacturing validation effort for existing and new packaging work related processes.
- Identify and drive improvement initiatives aligned with industry standards
- Support value stream request to investigate complex packaging related issues after supplier quality input
- Identify packaging training needs to ensure remain aligned with company and industry standards
- Lead packaging audits at suppliers and other J&J sites on behalf of wider supplier quality initiative
- Packaging equipment, designs new concepts to existing products.
- Packing design - bring new concepts to new products - lead the design aspects involved in the introduction of new packaging concepts, products and existing product lines
- Transit trial – Concept understanding markets. Businesses distribution chains.
- Understanding of packaging waste regulations.
- Has responsibility & accountability for WW Packaging standards (SEP).
BOMS & Routes (packaging)
- Knowledge of packaging materials, fabrication methods, sealing and sterilization and their effects
Quality and Compliance Related Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in compliance with all regulations and laws governing business and quality operations
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all local, national, international and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance
- Understanding of packaging CTQ’s
- Ability to compile/present project plans
- Numerical reasoning
- Willingness to travel to other sites/external partners
- Knowledge of Packaging Materials, Fabrication Methods, Sealing and Sterilization processes in relation to material selection and use
- Technical degree in related discipline (Engineering / Science) or HND related discipline Diploma (Preferable)
- Minimum of two years packaging experience within same or similar industry – Preferably within Pharmaceutical or medical devices.
- A Proven track record of a packaging role and previous packaging design projects.
- Capable to deliver on time and in budget.
- Proven and clear understanding of project delivery.
In return for this role, you will receive a competitive hourly rate. A minimum 12 month contract & an opportunity to work with a Global Leader with Johnson & Johnson.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Make sure you fill out your application in full, your personal CV will be used for the recruiter’s reference only, they are not sent to Hiring Managers. Ensure all relevant information is included in your application!
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”.