Johnson & Johnson
Project Manager - REMOTE
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
Vision Care has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join their current team, leading the implementation phase of the EU MDR conversion program across EMEA. The Project Manager will be joining a team of 5, and will preferably be based in Berkshire, UK (Pinewood Campus) or in one of our Ireland locations.
The Project Manager’s main responsibility will be to manage the product transition from MDD to MDR across the Vision Care portfolio, including supporting new product launches under EU MDR. The role requires close co-operation with all other functional areas including Marketing, Finance, Sales, Quality, Regulatory Affairs and IT as well as functions in Manufacturing which are based in Jacksonville, Florida and Limerick, Ireland. There will be some limited travel with this role.
Vision Care, the contact lens division of Johnson & Johnson, is well established as the world-leading manufacturer of contact lenses and continues to experience rapid growth. This progressive and innovative company includes among its brands the No 1 selling brand of lenses, Acuvue®, which is distributed in over 70 countries worldwide.
- Remote Role
- £48 - £53 p/h (Umbrella Options Available)
- 12 Month Contract with potential extension until Mid 2024
- Product transition management from MDD to MDR:
- Ensure effective change management through the MDD to MDR transition by working closely with the Global EU MDR team, Commercial, Deliver and Supply Chain teams. Ensuring product is deployed to the right place at the right time, in accordance with market launch plans and registration as well as inventory constraints in a controlled and compliant manner, whilst maintaining service continuity.
- Responsible for partnering and coordinating with supply planning and distribution centres within the EMEA network to execute cut over plans.
- Ensure phase planning is robust with full consideration for:
- Market registrations
- Product replacement / discontinuations
- MDR product phase-in, MDD product phase-out
- New Product launches during the transition time
- Defining the key measures reports and KPIs for success
- Manage EU MDR rollout and ensure effective system controls are in place, where required, to support proper execution.
- Support Capacity Planning & Process mapping for current and future state at EMEA DCs relative to EU-MDR and SKU level Version Control implementation. Ensure E2E processes setup and system controls are in place, starting from inbound receipts, order placement & system allocations, pick & pack operations, returns, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads, organizes, coordinates and directs efforts of interdisciplinary team responsible for the assessment, design, process and implementation of the EU MDR program.
- Owns the processes, tools, and metrics related to the project management and adherence to these processes.
- Responsible for developing project plans, timelines and resource requirements. Provides updates to management on the progress of the EU MDR implementation.
- Facilitates cross-functional teams to achieve project goals. Interfaces with all necessary organizations (Marketing, Sales, Production Planning, Manufacturing, Suppliers, etc.) that result in successful implementation of projects, promotions and programs.
Professional Experience Required:
- Track record of working within a PMO or Project Manager position.
- 8+ years of experience of working in the medical device industry or other regulated industry and understanding of regulations, guidelines and processes as required.
- Proven experience in successfully leading multi-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Good knowledge of Supply Chain activities (demand, supply and inventory management), a good level of understanding of the Medical Device Regulations and how they impact Supply Chain.
- Experience and knowledge of EU MDR, labelling, supply chain and SAP is highly valuable.
- Educated to degree level (BA, MBA or MSc or equivalent)
- Well-versed in program and project management tools and practices.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good commercial awareness and understanding and exposure to working with commercial teams.
- The ability to build strong relationships
- Cross-functional collaboration skills