Johnson & Johnson
Quality Control Supervisor - Blackpool
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
To carry out cement testing and production inspection tasks to ensure the ongoing quality of product and to interface with other Departments to ensure the timely approval of products.
To work with Production, TS and NPD on the Validation of current and new products and processes and on the investigation of problems and participate in Company projects, as required.
General supervisor role for the day to day activities in the laboratory.
To ensure the principles of the GMP & GLP are applied and that all relevant documentation, in the form of procedures and specifications, are implemented and followed to guarantee compliance with ISO 9000, ISO 14001, FDA QSRs and the Medical Device Directive.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all necessary testing is carried out and that starting raw materials. Packaging materials, intermediate products and final products are approved or rejected as appropriate.
- To oversee/ carry out the chemical and physical testing of in-process mills, powder blends and liquid blends to ensure that the quality of CMW products is maintained (support where bottlenecks).
- To carry out the chemical and physical testing of finished products to ensure that the quality of CMW products is maintained.
- To carry out in-process production inspection tasks to ensure that the quality of CMW products is maintained.
- To assist raw material inspection and testing, as required, to ensure the timely approval of products
- To ensure the maintenance of the Quality Control Department in terms of personnel, equipment and premises
- Supervise QC staff and co-ordinate departmental duties on a daily basis to ensure that testing does not hold up release of product for sale and where necessary provide support in the form of testing.
- Authority to approve product testing at all stages of manufacture.
- Responsible for release of ‘bought in’ finished goods.
- Carry out problem analysis and investigation as required.
- Implement, co-ordinate and monitor improvements in testing and to regularly monitor and report on trends in Quality Control data
- Partner with Operations team to ensure that QC resources are included in Production planning activities
- Ensure that all members of lab staff follow Good Laboratory Practice.
- Oversee the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment to ensure equipment is fit for purpose.
- To carry out Validation of current and new equipment or test methods as assigned by the Quality Control Group Leader and to work with production to ensure all processes are fully and correctly validated.
- To complete and maintain the appropriate documentation relating to the inspection activities in accordance with necessary Regulations.
- To train new staff and develop existing staff in the application of all test procedures and inspection strategies.
- To follow and promote Company, H S & E and Quality standards to enable the site to achieve and maintain excellent results.
- To carry out further tasks that maybe delegated by the immediate Manager.
Job Specific Competencies
- Ensure that all routine testing is performed in a timely manner in line with agreed schedules
- Ability to communicate & present (in all its forms) and co-operate effectively at all levels across the organisation.
- Well developed organisational skills and people development skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent time management.
- The ability to work to a deadline, to cope under pressure and react to changing requirements.
- In addition, the ability to work as part of a team to achieve results.
- Manage personal workload and assist the wider group in managing conflicts and Bottlenecks
- To ensure all lab equipment is working/calibrated/validation and to arrange for repairs/call out engineers as required to co ordinate safety issues within the laboratory environment.
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) & Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Responsible for to compliance of test procedures, company policies, lab-books, raw data and reports in accordance with all relevant procedure.
- Implement and adhere to all local, corporate and industry procedures (for example risk management, FMEA, HS&E, COSHH/Chemical Handling, regulatory, quality)
- Liaise with Quality to support and internal and external audits (for example BSI, FDA)
- Lead, support and complete QC investigations, CAPA, NC and OOS (Data Deviation) investigation.
- Team performance management on regular basis
- Minimum educational level of Degree Level (or equivalent) in a relevant science discipline or a minimum of 5 years experience in a quality related role.
- Minimum of 3 year industry (relevant) experience in a science based discipline, preferably Chemistry or a minimum of 5 years experience in a quality related role.
- Or minimum of 4 years experience in a chemical laboratory with supervisor experience
- The role requires a technically skilled individual who is familiar with a wide variety of relevant technologies and test methods.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Proven people management ability
- 6 Laboratory Technicians split between Senior and Technician level.
- Responsible for overseeing the QC spend but does not have direct budget planning authority.
In return for this role you will receive a very competitive hourly rate. A minimum 9 month contract with a chance of permanency & an opportunity to work with a Global Leader within the Pharmaceutical sector, Johnson & Johnson.
Things to remember before applying for this role:
- This role is based in Blackpool and the worker will be required to be on site
- 37 hours per week. 8am - 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday. 8am - 1pm Friday
- This role is initially for 9 months with the possibility of permanency
- This role is Inside IR35. The pay rate for this role will depend on how you are paid (PAYE or Umbrella options).
- We are looking to process the first round of applications within the next 2 working days.
- We do not accept applications via email.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Make sure you fill out your application in full, your personal CV will be used for the recruiter’s reference only, they are not sent to Hiring Managers. Ensure all relevant information is included in your application!
Thank you very much and we look forward to receiving your application.
If you would like some additional information about the role please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”.