Johnson & Johnson
R&D Scientist - Biologics Discovery
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
We are currently recruiting an R&D Scientist to join our contingent workforce. You will be working in the Biologics Discovery Team of J&J in Beerse, Belgium. This will be an initial contract opportunity for 1 year (starting May 2nd) with possibility of an extension.
- In this laboratory-based position, will join a dynamic Biologics Discovery Team in Belgium to contribute to the discovery of biological candidates and antibody leads. The position offers an exciting opportunity to engage in the discovery and molecular engineering of biotherapeutics for unmet medical needs and to work on project teams and support molecular biology efforts across functions.
- Participate in the design of experiments, execute planned experiments and record/analyze experimental data.
- Contribute individually to meet project timeline and objectives.
- Support biologics discovery activities at multiple steps of the Hit-to-Lead selection process.
- Compile sequence data of internally discovered candidate therapeutic antibodies and report to team leader.
- Participate in the establishment of state-of-the-art platform for sequencing therapeutic antibody molecules.
- Under the guidance of the team leader, contribute to several projects simultaneously and communicate progress against objectives effectively.
- BSc in molecular biology or biochemistry or a MSc in molecular biology or biochemistry with at least 1 year of relevant experience is required, preferably in a biotech or pharma environment.
- Solid knowledge of cloning and sequencing technologies.
- Hands-on experience in Next Generation Sequencing platforms and library preparation will be considered a plus.
- Excellent record keepings and strong organizational skills with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Fluent communication in English is a need.
If you meet our requirements and are interested in hearing more about our R&D Scientist - Biologics Discovery role, please do not hesitate to apply through the provided link today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!